• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Would like Table Continuation Variable added to a paragraph style, such as to a table title

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My groups uses both Frame 7.2 and Frame 9 and we would like to include the Table Continuation variable to our table title paragraph tag definition so that we don't have to manually add the variable. Is this possible now? If so, how?

Thanks

Sherri McCue

Synopsys, Inc.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2011 Feb 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sherri,

I guess it is possible. I am attaching a screen shot you can follow that.

this is for Framemaker 9 and I am not sure about framemaker 7.2

I hope this helps you.,

table conti.JPG

Thanks & Regards

Priyank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2011 Feb 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sherri,

Unfortunately, you can't add a variable as building block in a paragraph tag definition (the Numbering tab woud be the only place where you could do this).

If you use FM's keybopard shortcuts, then hitting "ctrl+0 T <enter>" right after the text entry of the table title should get you the Table Continuation variable (watch the status bar to confirm) inserted quite quickly and efficiently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Arnis,

Thanks for confirming. My group also would like to have this happen.

Do you have any idea how Adobe makes the variable show up only on the continued captions?

Kev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines