• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Success installing latest Flash Player

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted on this forum a couple months ago about my difficulty updating to Flash Player 10.1.102.64. After installation it would work in the administrator account, but not the limited account. I gave up after many attempts and reinstalled the previous version 10.1.85.3. But recently I had an idea. I noticed that when uninstalling software applications a message would sometimes pop up that warned to log out of any other open accounts to get a proper uninstall. It occurred to me that maybe the reverse was true for some software that I was not able to install properly, like Flash Player. So this week I tried installing 10.1.102.64 one more time, but I made sure to log out of the limited account before beginning, so the only account logged in was the administrator account. That must have been the issue, because 10.1.102.64 is now working fine in the limited account. Success!

Windows XP Professional (32 bit)

Internet Explorer 8 (32 bit)

Flash Player 10.1.102.64

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, That was smart thinking on your part. I know that when Uninstalling & Installing Flash Player, all browsers must be closed and the Administrator account must be used though.

Thanks for posting back! Your XP Pro is the third one that had success today, LOL

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines