Skip navigation
CaptainEvil
Currently Being Moderated

Lightroom 3.3 not recognizing photos on hard drive

Jan 20, 2011 7:17 AM

Hi   I have all of my photos (50,000 plus:  yes, I need to start hitting the delete button hard and heavy..) on an external hard drive.   Suddenly, Lightroom 3.3 does not recognize some of  them, both ones which I have imported (39,709) and those which I am still working on importing (another 20,000 or so).   Yesterday,I had 39,709 photos imported into the catalog, tagged and worked on, and today, while it says it has 39,709 photographs, it only finds 18,302 photos on the hard drive from which I already imported them.  Many folders are not even listed under the hard drive from whence I imported them just days ago.   I checked the hard drive, and they are all still there.   Furthermore, when I click on a folder to open it in Lightroom, it shows only one or two photos in the folder, when in reality, there may be twenty or more.   What have I done wrong?   Captain Evil

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 20, 2011 7:20 AM   in reply to CaptainEvil

Hi   I have all of my photos (50,000 plus:  yes, I need to start hitting the delete button hard and heavy..)

Let me start by disagreeing with you. If they are keepers, then keep them.

Suddenly, Lightroom 3.3 does not recognize some of  them, both ones which I have imported (39,709) and those which I am still working on importing (another 20,000 or so).   Yesterday,I had 39,709 photos imported into the catalog, tagged and worked on, and today, while it says it has 39,709 photographs, it only finds 18,302 photos on the hard drive from which I already imported them.  Many folders are not even listed under the hard drive from whence I imported them just days ago.   I checked the hard drive, and they are all still there.   Furthermore, when I click on a folder to open it in Lightroom, it shows only one or two photos in the folder, when in reality, there may be twenty or more.   What have I done wrong?   Captain Evil

Do you have "All Photographs" selected in the Catalog Panel on the Left?

Do you have a filter active? (Ctrl-L will alternatively turn on and off filters)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points