Skip navigation
Angryninjamonkey
Currently Being Moderated

Crop Page options Greyed out in Win 7 Pro Acrobat X Standard

Jan 20, 2011 4:17 PM

Why is this dialogue window greyed out?  The only thing I can manipulate is the units.  I would Very Much like to be able to manually set the crop limits.

I would think it large nonsense if I had to buy Acrobat X Pro just set the crop limits.  Is this a bug/known issue? If so are there designs on fixing it?

If there is a setting to allow me access to it, where is it?  I would love to be able to check the Remove White Margins box.

GreyCrop.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 20, 2011 6:26 PM   in reply to Angryninjamonkey

The Acrobat X Standard do have the options for the crop pages.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/acrobat/standard/using/WS58a04a822e3e50102 bd615109794195ff-7ed5.w.html#WS546948FF-6085-4b14-8640-D9EDE30AD8CB.w

Please try a different file and check whether it is enabled. If you still have the issue, try repairing the Acrobat.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2011 7:47 PM   in reply to Angryninjamonkey

Has there been any resolution to this problem? I am experiencing the same thing.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2011 2:35 PM   in reply to thester13184

I am also frustrated by the same problem.  I am running a fresh install of Windows7 and Acrobat X Standard.  My HP Officejet Pro L7680 has a legal size scanner that I use extensively.  Previously with Acrobat 8 Standard I had no problem using the crop tool as needed to resize an entire document from legal size to letter size.  I paid for the Acrobat X Standard upgrade assuming this function would still be there.  But the option to crop to a specific size is greyed out.  Is this a bug will be fixed at some point, or has this function been permanently withdrawn from Acrobat X Standard?  Please let us know.

Thanks,

JFL

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2011 2:19 PM   in reply to Angryninjamonkey

If you are stuck with this problem, try PDFill PDF Tools 8.0.  It can be downloaded for free from www.download.com.  It includes a simple utility that can crop all the pages in a document to a specific size.  It is working well for me.  I still can't believe that Adobe would fail to include this function in Acrobat Standard.  It doesn't make sense!

JFL

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points