• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated version of Adobe required...Installed and now nothing works!!

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2011 Jan 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 OS 64 bit laptop

32bit IE8 used to download Adobe flashplayer  10.1something

looked for C:windows:32:macromed folder not there.

What can I do to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the sysWOW64 folder with Director, Flash, and Shockwave 10 folders.

Flash contains:

Flash10I.ocx

Flashinstall

FlashUtil10I_activex.dll

FlashUtil10I_activeX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

went to tools:manage add-ons:show: all add-ons and shockwave flash object was there but disabled. I enabled it and the test site animation appeared. Youtube also shows videos now. Is this the only area that needed attention or is there some other file that may need fixing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I saw your thread come up, but was too busy to get to you. Hopefully you followed a couple of the other ones:-)

You did a good job, all Flash files are correct and now that you have the addon Enabled, you are good to go!!!

You know it gets busy when you not only have to Troubleshoot your own thread, but solve it!!!!!  LOL

Good work on your part

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Thanks for replying to my self inflicted post! It was a bit of a seek and destroy mission going between 3 threads u were working on but through deductive reasoning, a victory was gained!

What is the reason for all of these issues? watching that forum, there was a new post every minute or so. I experienced the problem on my kids new laptop from xmas. Just wonderin.

Thanks again,

Drew

Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 15:57:25 -0700

To: drew-lambert@hotmail.com

Subject: Updated version of Adobe required...Installed and now nothing works!!

Hi, I saw your thread come up, but was too busy to get to you. Hopefully you followed a couple of the other ones:-)

You did a good job, all Flash files are correct and now that you have the addon Enabled, you are good to go!!!

You know it gets busy when you not only have to Troubleshoot your own thread, but solve it!!!!! LOL

Good work on your part

Regards,

eidnolb

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I know it was very busy for a time, gets that way. We have more threads than helpers. Glad you were able to follow them, Ha-Ha. That kept you as busy as I was:-)

The reasons for the issues? They are as varied as the number of threads you see. Different OS, browsers, addons, Anti-Virus programs, etc. Flash Player is a browser plugin and any addon is either a + or-. Settings, Java, JavaScript, following the correct Uninstall/Install procedures, Windows Registry and on and on.

You did the smart thing though and that was to start a thread instead of trying to "fix" your issue. That is ok if one knows what they are doing, but can create worse problems if not.

Glad you were able to solve your problem though. It is sort of comical how you did it, LOL  I don't think it's been done before. Oh I know the threads are always here for users to read and they benefit of course, but the way you did, is so funny!!

Have a good weekend and thanks for replying back,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this problem yesterday and found this forum. I tried a number of the suggestions and ended up restoring my Vista OS. I searched the folders suggested and found some were lacking files. I am not sure but I think I had a .dll file that was masquerading as a winserver file. In any case, the restore feature brought my computer back to normal and the flash player and videos work fine.

One note: Yesterday while perusing vids on Google I clicked a link to a site unknown. As soon as the site starting loading my AVG virus protection stopped progress. The messages from AVG stated " Malware attempt" and showed a number of files affected, to include registry. I had AVG destroy / vault the files and processed to show down my browser (IE8) all tabs. The next time I tried to view a flash vid I got the infamous "You need the latest upgrade flash Player", "download now." The player never downloaded or worked properly. I say all this because I think the "attack" was successful enough to cause my problem. i.e The masquerading server .dll.

Geez whiz information, with the bottom line being "Restore VISTA to previous restoration point."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines