Rotate pages after generation

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2011 Jan 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all hello to everybody.

Thisi is the my first post in this forum

I have a problem as in subject. The question is:

Can i rotate the pages after the generation in framemaker? Obviously it may be automatically.

Thank you for your answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really sure what you are trying to do - rotate something when it's sent to PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Jeff,

i am trying to rotate the pages (automatically) before the "send" to pdf creator. If it is possible via framemaker may be wonderful but if it isn't i hope that is possible to rotate the pages via distiller. I am loking for a solution. consider that in my FM document there are some pages in landscape and others in portrait.

Ciao

Luca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think there's an automatic way to do this either in Frame or 7 Distiller, although you can do this in the full version of Acrobat.

One solution, if your landscape pages are in a set and not individually interleaved all through the book, would be to set them up in their own file and orient them correctly. Then tuck it into your book file at the right spot. You can inlude it in your book file and set the page/chapter numbering so the pages flow seamlessly.

Another possible way to go would be to treat each landscape page as a text insert pulled into the chapter file and set to use the source formatting... although you'd have to test this -- I haven't tried it but suspect it may work.

For either of these, when you print to the PDF printer, you need to select a paper size large enough to hold both page orientation -- for instance, tabloid. Each page size will appear correctly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines