• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat pro X error: Cannot use this product under a guest account

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2011 Jan 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are installing acrobat pro with GP on XP systems. The install goes fine but on some users machines when they launch the program it comes back with

"Cannot use this product under a guest account". The users are admins on the system. If I uninstall acrobat pro 10 and reinstall in manually the same error happens. (note these systems had acrobat pro 9 installed, but was un-installed with the acrobat pro 10 MST)

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use of Acrobat Pro on a guest account is a violation of its license if you purchased a standard commercial version of Acrobat which is licensed for the use of a single user on a computer. If you have a site licensed version of Acrobat, then it probably is not an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mentioned in the post above the users are admins on their systems and yes we do have a site license. Any idea why I am getting this error on only a few of our systems?  I thinking maybe acrobat pro 9 is not fully uninstalling on those systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2011 Jan 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run up against the same issue and DO have a site license and the need for guest accounts to use Acrobat Pro X on systems. What is the fix for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2011 Jan 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We found the issue.

Our Domain Users group was being added to the Guest group through group policy. So even though our users where admins they were also guests.

This caused acrobat pro X to error saying we were a guest. This is different from how acrobat pro 9 worked, which has no issues with that setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2011 Apr 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe WTF???!!! I have wasted a whole day on this problem and it's pissing me off. I'm trying to do something very simple.

1. I have Acrobat Standard X. I installed the software on local administrator User A and it works
  2. I login as local administrator User B and it doesn't work, says "Cannot use this product under a guest account". Fine.
  3. I uninstalld software as User A and reboot
  4. I login as User B and installd the software. Software doesn't run, still says "Cannont use this product under a guest account". Why???!!! This is ridiculous. User B, is a local admin acount, it is not a "guest account". I understand that with this license I can only run the software with one account. I want to run the software with User B, why are you forcing me to run it with User A???!!!

Can someone from Adobe please give a solution to this ridiculous problem? I'm losing my patience with your products and I am considering going another route...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2011 Apr 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Niki3333,

Can you please tell me the Operating Systems and Service pack version you have? Also can you please check if any Group policies are getting applied on your userB which make it a guest account (as was the case above for Peteo Stro).

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2011 Apr 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally figured it out from another post on the forum. The local user account was in the local administrator group but for some reason was also in the local "Guest" group as well. I saw this when I went under computer management local users and groups and looked a the "member of" tab for that user and removed the "Guest" group so the user was just in the "Administrators" group and then it ran.

Thanks for the reply on this issue.

Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 06:05:09 -0600

To: nikiforos_stamatakis@hotmail.com

Subject: Acrobat pro X error: Cannot use this product under a guest account

Hi Niki3333,

Can you please tell me the Operating Systems and Service pack version you have? Also can you please check if any Group policies are getting applied on your userB which make it a guest account (as was the case above for Peteo Seo).

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same problem but not on any computers where I installed the product a year ago.  It's just on the ones where I have installed it recently. I am working in a domain environment, where security policies that come down put the students in the guest group (i cannot circumvent this).  The operating system is XP sp3. the product is CS5 and we do have a site licnse for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can someone please explain how to change the user account? I have been changed to a different user on the very same PC that Acrobat was running on. I want to delete the other account. Can I just do this? Windows 8.1 Adobobe Acrobat XI Standard. I cannot use as it splashes window the I cannot use as a Guest Account. I do not have a Guest account nor is there a Guest account activated on this PC. IT IS MY ONLY PC!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines