• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annoying adobe flash player pop-up

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2011 Jan 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have question for you tech gurus out there........

I have an annoying adobe pop-up message every time I open up IE or if i click on something on a web page.......

I'm running IE8 and get this annoying adobe flash player pop-up.........

I do not know how this started........

I have tried uninstalling, re-booting, then installing Flash player, then re-booting over and over again.........

Can someone tell me how to get this to stop?

I running Windows 7 64 bit on a Dell laptop and my browser is IE8........

I am having issues with the 32 bit IE browser and of course adobe cannot play ina a 64 bit IE browser

This problem started about 2 weeks ago with this latest version of adobe flash player Flash Player 10.1

Please see that attached file on the error message every time I open IE in 32 bit.....

ooooops there is no icon to do a file attachment........

I quess I have to do a copy and paste of this error message

Ok I am unablr to find where to attach a file on this fourm an also unable to copy and paste a print screen........

So here is the error message: IE yellow security message saying a website want to open web content using this program on your computer,,,,,,,

And ii's adobe flash player,,,,,,,

Thanks guys!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think to post a screenshot you need to use the camera image icon near the smiley face.

However your description was good. This is a IE Security Warning and it has to do with the UAC. You can try lowering the setting until it doesn't appear. Go here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/user-account-control   

And here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975787  

Hope that helps. I think you can put a site in the trusted zone also.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-are-User-Account-Control-settings

Hope that helps,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eidnolb,

Thank you for your quick response.........

I tried your suggestion and low and behold it worked..........

I lowered the UAC settings.........

The IE security message appeared again........

But this time I checked the do anot show this message again box........

I then surfed the web with no more problems with the IE security annoying pop-up.......

Then I went back into the UAC setting and put the setting back to where it was before and still no more annoying pop-ups.......

If this holds up tonight, thanks again for your expertise..........

I am an IT helpdesk person and able to figure out most PC problems........

Thanks to you guys out there who we can tap into your knowlege base for ideas......

Thanks again........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Thanks. I know the IE Security Warnings can be too much and that is why Microsoft changed them for Win7. Adjusting the Settings is very helpful. In Vista there were on or off, so that defeated the purpose of having the UAC at all:-) Helpful also is that sites you use a lot can be put in the trusted zone and one doesn't need to be concerned whatever the UAC Setting is.

I hope it continues to work for you and also gives the level of protection you need.

Glad to be able to assist:-)

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines