Skip navigation
Jaiarso
Currently Being Moderated

Swf problems. Restart

Feb 2, 2011 4:26 AM

Hello!!

I'm making a website in Flash Catalyst and I have a little problem.

I have a swf that I included in a page. I've become a "Custom component" so you can have two states. The first state empty to not see the swf and the second state with the swf.

On the home page has buttons to move from one page to another, and pair the corresponding button with the custom component. So far so good.

When I pass to another page from the main menu, swf disappears, but when I return to the page where the swf, I get in the position he had left to visit the first time.

How I can avoid this? How can I restart the swf each time?

Thanks!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 3, 2011 2:10 PM   in reply to Jaiarso

Hi Jalarso,

There is a great post on the FlashCats blog that explains how to get components to reset after a state change; I think this may answer your question:

How do I get Flash Catalyst components to reset after changing states?

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Kim

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2011 9:18 AM   in reply to Jaiarso

Are the buttons within the Flash Catalyst project or at they within the HTML? If the controls are in the HTML, then you are going to have to do some additional coding in both Flash Builder and your HTML file. Can you provide a link to the project so we can understand it better?

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2011 10:03 AM   in reply to Kim Isola

I'm having a similar issue, but its dealing with a video. My knowledge of Flash Catalyst is limited. I would like the video to restart when you click back to the page from another page, rather than restart where it was stopped. Do you add the action sequence or state transition to the video or button that controls the page. If so does the video or button have to be components first before you add the stopping and starting? I tried add the play and stop functions with the add action in the timeline panel, but I’m not sure what to do to get it to work.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2011 2:27 PM   in reply to RESH Marketing

Is if this solution works for you:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/801396?tstart=0

Chris Griffith

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2011 11:57 AM   in reply to Chris W. Griffith

Thanks Chris! That did it!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2011 5:21 AM   in reply to Jaiarso

Hi, sory if i miss the treed, but i have a one problem that i can not understand.... The thing is that I made a swf file in Flash profesional CS5, and when i inport et in my HTML page through the Dreamweaver, it is not visibly... only some dots like loading appears.But when i open swf in brouser et works, and in flash player too...

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2011 8:06 AM   in reply to jocaziggg

It is quite easy to get something wrong with file paths and sub directories when moving between development and product or between product and product. Since the SWF plays fine in stand alone mode, I would carefully look that source url in the Dreamweaver code and the SWF's location within the website.

Chris

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points