Skip navigation
jhaystead
Currently Being Moderated

Convert Multiple Word Documents to Multiple PDFs

Feb 2, 2011 2:08 PM

Hi, I'm looking for a way to convert multiple word documents into PDF files. I'm running Adobe Acrobat 3D Version 8.1.2. It seems as if going to Advanced > Document Processing > Batch Processing and then using the Print All sequence will allow this to happen, but when I have selected the word documents I want to turn into PDFs, after I click "Run Sequence" I get a message in the progress window saying "Starting the application in which the file was created..." then Acrobat shuts down and nothing happens. Does anybody have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 9, 2011 12:21 PM   in reply to jhaystead

Turn off the option to open the created PDF in Acrobat. That may be causing the problem with multiple PDF creations. Did you get any PDFs produced?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2011 2:00 AM   in reply to jhaystead

Hi "jhaystead",

Use FILE > CREATE > BATCH CREATE MULTIPLE FILES instead. Thanks!

- Devyani.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2011 10:32 AM   in reply to jhaystead

What OS? What version of Word?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2011 11:50 PM   in reply to jhaystead

Are you able to see PDFMaker/Acrobat buttons inside Word 2000 ?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2011 1:29 AM   in reply to jhaystead

Hi "jhaystead",

Apologies for making an incorrect suggestion. "Batch Conversion" is a feature in Acrobat 9 and above.

I'd suggest you use the "Open All" sequence > Double-click it to EDIT > For "2. Run Command On:" choose "Selected Folder" and BROWSE to the input folder. Similarly for "3. Select Output Location", you can choose "Same Folder as Original(s)", click OK and then "Run Sequence".

This would invoke the PDFMaker for conversion of Word documents to PDF and save the output PDF(s) at the folder mentioned, instead of printing and prompting to save the output each time Adobe PDF Printer is called.

Plus, could you please check if the Adobe PDF toolbar/menu options are there in Word and working fine?

When you said,

"The only way I can get PDFs produced is to manually open each word document, then save it as a PDF. I haven't had any luck with multiple PDF creation." Were you printing the Word documents to Adobe PDF Printer or using the PDFMaker options?

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points