Skip navigation
chris60
Currently Being Moderated

How to insert a superscript in a form created in acrobat

Feb 8, 2011 1:22 PM

I am designing a form in Adobe Acrobat 9.4.1. One of the fields that will be filled in is a name followed by a superscript.

For example Richard Smith1, I need to be able to format a superscript in the text field. I have tried coping and pasting from another application as well as

keyborad commands. I haven't been able to find any way to do this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you for your help,

Mary Pat

Replies
  • George Johnson
    11,664 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Dec 29, 2011 8:31 AM   in reply to chris60

The best way is to select the "Allow Rich Text Formatting" option. The user can then select some text and make it superscript using the corresponding button on the Properties bar (Ctrl/Cmd + E).

Some fonts include a limited number of superscript characters, so that may be an option if there are enough to suit your needs, you'll just have to discover the corresponding character codes.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 23, 2013 1:24 PM   in reply to George Johnson

Where is the "Allow Rich Text Formatting" option?

|
    Mark as:
  • George Johnson
    11,664 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Oct 23, 2013 1:28 PM   in reply to mebeste23

Look on the Options tab.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 23, 2013 6:20 PM   in reply to George Johnson

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro. I don't see an Options tab. Is it possible to add superscript in Acrobat Pro? The form is already made, I would just like to edit it to include superscripts in a few places.

|
    Mark as:
  • George Johnson
    11,664 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Oct 23, 2013 7:18 PM   in reply to mebeste23

Here's a screen shot of the field properties dialog:

rich_text_dialog.png

You'll need to show the Properties bar by pressing Ctrl+E, which will allow you to superscript the text that's selected in the field:

superscript.png

|
    Mark as:
  • George Johnson
    11,664 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Oct 23, 2013 7:18 PM   in reply to George Johnson

I just realized you may be asking about text that's not in a form field, but rather is regular text on a page. If this is what you're asking about, then I know you can do it in Acrobat 11 using the edit text tool: Tools > Content Editing > Edit Text & Images

After selecting this tool, select the text and click the superscript icon in the panel to the right. I can't get screen shot at the moment, but it should be obvious which one it is. I don't think this type of text edit is possible with previous versions, but maybe with Acrobat 10. Others versions let you change the font size and baseline offset of text that's part of the regular page contents, but it can easily mess things up (e.g., text after the selection can be affected) and is tedious/impossible to get right.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points