Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cooling Solution

Feb 8, 2011 11:25 PM

Hi All,

I've just ordered a HAF 932 Case, ASUS Sabertooth, and a core i7 950 and was thinking about the following as a good CPU cooler:

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186134&cm_re= cpu_cooler-_-35-186-134-_-Product

I've heard terrible things about the stock coolers and was wondering if this one would work with my case, processor, and mother board.

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 9, 2011 1:27 AM   in reply to Adamousman

I used that HSF on my last Q6600 build and was not impressed. It uses a small 92mm fan. The one thing I liked about it was the pre-applied Arctic Silver paste and budget friendly cost. Now if you don't plan on doing much overclocking, it's a great choice. Its a fairly small cooler and not much hassle to install.

I have a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ right now, cooling is quite nice, though was unimpressed with the mounting system. I have 2 fans on the heatsink as well, and it really creates a wind tunnel from the entrance all the way out the case. Just seems like overkill with three fans about 7 inches end to end in a row.

If you want to spend $50+ Prolimatech, Noctua, and Xigmatek have some nice coolers. Hardwaresecrets.com and silentpcreview.com are great places to do some reading for coolers and reviews on them.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points