• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe flash player 10.2.154.12 issue or something...

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2011 Feb 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody.

I have updated my flash player today from 10.1... to 10.2.154.12 ( the latest one ), and I'm experiencing a strange thing. When I go to YouTube to watch any video I am seeing two clips, one on top of the other separated by a green bar at the middle of the screen. As much as I can tell the top one is the normal clip and the bottom one is or attempting to be for 3D or something like that. I don't know if that is for 3D or it's just a bug, but if it is I would like to know how can I turn it off so that I might see just one normal Youtube screen in stead of two. Because the clips are one over the other they are very wide (strech) and it's a bit annoying. If someone knows anything about this please help me.

P.S. My PC specs:

CPU: Intel E8400

RAM: 2GB

Video: Nvidia 9600GT.

Yesterday I was able to watch YouTube videos normaly so it's not PC related problems just in case somebody asks.

Thank you in advance . Alex.

[Small Update] Other video websites do not show this problem so I'm thinking it's has something to do with this update not being fully compatible with  YouTube. Further testing needed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NicoNico Douga (http://www.nicovideo.jp) has the same problem as Youtube. Not all the videos duplicate itself, but MOST do.

Image1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering I thought that error just happened to me, hope they fix it soon. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, If you go to this test site you will see the latest version of Flash Player is now 10.2.152.26 for various platforms.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ 

The 10.2 has been in beta for some time and this appears to be the released vs.(above)

The version you indicate, 10.2.154.12 may be one of the beta versions. I'm not sure on that. I think it may be 10.2.154.21 instead of 10.2.154.12 however?

I would Uninstall the version you have and Install the 10.2.152.26.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says my installed version is 10,2,152,26 and I still got the same video duplicate issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Since you have the latest version of Flash Player which was just released, then I would go back to that test site and RIGHT click on the Flash logo. Click on Settings and then UNcheck at Display Settings the hardware acceleration.

See if that helps. I haven't had time to find out everything that is contained in this latest version.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking hardware acceleration in the video's solves the issue, on V 10.2.152.26, and like others, this issue wasn't there yesterday, before the update.

It would appear though, that the top video is slightly different from the bottom one, when split, as the bottom one seems to suffer corruption, and bad colours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Each computer's configuration can't be discounted. Drivers, OS, graphic card, Settings etc. The only thing is to try it and see if that is the issue. Many times Flash Player may not be correctly Installed either. A lot of variables to consider:-)

Thanks,

eidnolb

We'll see what the person that started this thread has to report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolled back to V 10.1.102.64, and all is well again, and hardware acceleration is enabled on that version, judging by the settings.

.So it's not me, or my configuration.

Also, The forums wouldn't recognise my screen name, so had to make another account, with the "." at the end..

Well done Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Technology is always moving forward, not backward. I have an older Windows Desktop and there are a lot of new programs that my system can't support, but I don't blame Microsoft:-) Likewise a lot of Adobe's programs I can't run either, but it's not the fault of Adobe:-)

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is Adobe keeps pushing unstable releases which cause problems. After so many updates, Adobe doesn't even fix the multi-screen full screen playback issue(can not play flash fullscreen on one screen and do something else on other screens, if you click on other screens flash exits full screen). Adobe told me they were aware of this problem a year ago. Not a hard fix, I can modifiy some files to straight it up. But Adobe keeps pushing useless updates only cause new problems and I have to patch it after every release. That's annoying. Flash player for chrome had serious crash/no respond problem for months before Adobe finally fixed it(at least 3 updates didn't help at all).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2011 Mar 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe Adobe have always hired cheap outsourced programmers (who can barely speak English) to come up with unstable releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable hardware acceleration does cure it. Still it's not nice that we have to set it manually. When the time requiring hardware acceleration comes, as a casual user I might not be able to remember this setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomash, thanks for your info. Adobe made the decision even prior to this latest update to have the hardware accleration turned ON by default. The only thing I can suggest is anytime there is a FP update and you are having an issue, then try to check it.

This latest update has been in beta for awhile and changes were made and perhaps some Security related issues. I just haven't had the time to read all of it yet.

Thanks for reporting back.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After few testing, I suspect the problem is related to MP4 format. Video encoded to FLV is okay w/ hardware acceleration enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2011 Feb 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!
On both IE8 and Firefox. Win 7 32 bit on IBM T42 - 1GB ram.
Old laptop I know but the 10.1.x.x Flash Players worked just fine. Problem started with 10.2.152.26 flash player.

Now BBC TV live and iPlayer work just fine, however YouTube does not - audio but no video. Just a black rectangle where the video should be.

Right click to get the menu and "settings" is greyed out. However select the pop-out option and the video plays. Right click on the pop-out and "settings" is available. So deselect "enable hardware acceleration", close the pop-out and refresh the window (F5) and now YouTube videos play. Switch hardware acceleration back on and now they don't.

This video works fine with hardware acceleration enabled. http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/features/video/h264/
These also work. http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/stagevideo.html

Something broken in 10.2, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines