Expand my Community achievements bar.

How To Insert Page Numeber in Interactive Pdf

Level 2

Hi All,

I am currently working with a dynamic pdf whose textboxes grows in size depending upon the text entered by the user. Due to this mostly text overflows to second page. My problem is I need to include footer(page number) if the text overflows to second page.

For normal pdf we can achive that by going to Document => Header and Footer =>. But, if I try this for my interactive pdf it doesn't work. Can you all  please suggest me some ideas.

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Have you tried the Custom Object "Page n of m" on a master page?

Untitled.png

Steve

Level 2

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your answer. I tried the Custom Object "Page n of m" on a master page after getting your reply. But this still doesn't meet my requirement.

My requirement is to have page number at the bottom of the pdf i.e like footer. Page n of m shows page number where the text ends. Forexample if text overflows and go to mid of the second page, then page number is displayed in mid of second instead of displaying that at the bottom of the page like footer.

I would really apprciate your answer. Its very urgent for me.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Community Member

Hi Kiran,

Your best bet here is to shrink your Content Area on your master page slightly at the bottom, so that you leave room for your footer, or page number area.

This way the page numbers will always remain on the bottom, rather than being seen as actual "Content Area" fields.

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jay

Level 2

Hi Jay,

Thank you for your reply. Your reply appeared to be very helpful for me. I need to show page number from second page ie. starting with page number = 2 from second page. But if I use "Page n of m " it will show page number 1 on first page too. I went to "Pagination" of MasterPage and tried "Start At:2" but this makes the first page as page 2 and second page as page3.

Other option would be Is there any way that I can delete the page number from the footer? If so I could manually delete Page 1 resolving from problem.

Kiran