Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Jewel Size Contact Sheet in Photoshop Elements 8

Feb 9, 2011 5:29 PM

I watched a video that stated Photoshop Elements 8 will let you set columns and rows for a contact sheet using Contact Sheet II. I loved having this feature with 2.0 so I upgraded from 6.0 to 8.0 thinking this feature would be available. Problem is when I am in EDITOR and go to file, automation tools, this option and export option are grayed out. Can anyone explain why these are grayed out and how to fix?

The only option I noticed from the Organizer is to print multiple pages and select contact sheet, however, what would be the correct paper size for the size of a jewel case CD? If I choose CD/DVD, 80 mm, it brings up a gray box but you can't see the photo images in it.  I don't see size 4.75x4.75.

I loved having the feature in 2.0 where you could set the number of both rows and columns for a jewel size CD case to put with my pictures that were on the CD and that's the only reason I upgraded from 6 to 8 because I thought this feature was added back.

Please let me know if you know of a way to accomplish this with 8.0 and if anything can be done about the automation tools and export tools being grayed out.

Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 9, 2011 6:23 PM   in reply to Abby95

Do you want to make a contact sheet or CD case inserts? If the latter go to Create>More Options>CD Case Insert (in the editor). Does that do what you want?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2011 7:44 PM   in reply to Abby95

Automation tools and Export are always grayed out in the PSE Editor. Those menu items are only there for any legacy plug-ins that require something to be there, and I've never run across anything that does. So that's normal.

You would need to figure out your own arrangement of the thumbnails on a blank file (you can use guides and the grid to help you with positioning) and then use that as the graphic for the case insert/jacket.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2011 5:46 AM   in reply to Barbara B.

Avery has Photoshop templates for free download:

http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Search/_/?dimsearch=true&N=0&Ntk=All& Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=0&Nr=AND%28SITESCHANNELS%3AAvery.com%29&Ntt=phot oshop+templates&x=5&y=11

Scroll down about 2/3 to see the ones for your project. You can insert the thumbnails prepared in Elements.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2011 1:11 AM   in reply to Abby95

Some printers have a cd/dvd preset for page size or you can add your own in the

advanced dialog of the printer.

If you have print to pdf listed in your printer choices, you can probably add a preset

in the advanced dialog for the pdf printer.

Also if you have microsoft's XPS document writer, there is a dvd preset.

MTSTUNER

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2011 1:23 AM   in reply to Abby95

Here's a screenshot, still not as good or as easy as the contact sheet II

plugin in pse2.

Untitled-1.png

MTSTUNER

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2011 4:20 AM   in reply to MTSTUNER

http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1Xe2J9LgHbsqEaHrzJXPyLEpFRzt 1

Try the following in order to utilize the Avery template referenced in prior postings:

1. Download from Avery, and Unzip. Template should open in Elements. Background layer is called "Guides"
    2. Duplicate this layer - called "Guides copy"
    3. Place a blank layer between these 2 layers, and fill this with white (Edit>fill layer>white) - or any color of choice
    4. Open your picture, and make a selection of what will become the identifying thumbnail, if you will. Copy this to the clipboard (Edit>copy)
    5. Go back to where you left off in step #3, and paste (Edit>paste)
    6. Access the move tool, and position the thumbnail, and resize with the corner handles
    7. Repeat these steps for the second place holder of the template
    8. Add your text
    9. Finally delete the "Guides copy" layer

Let us know how you make out.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers