Skip navigation
routhwaite
Currently Being Moderated

Unable to install Camera Raw 6.3

Feb 12, 2011 3:13 AM

Recently upgraded from PSE7 to 9 however found that my raw files from my camera were not supported (canon 550d). Downloaded camera raw 6.3, however I cannot install/run the program. In the Adobe Application Manager (Updates) I get the following: Some updates failed to install preceeded by a red triangle. In the box below I get: Update is not applicable. I am using Windows 7, upgrade from Vista.

Any ideas/help/solutions would be greatly recieved.

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Feb 12, 2011 4:51 AM   in reply to routhwaite

You can normally open the Editor and click on Help >Updates but you can download manually. If downloading manually to the desktop, extract the files, and double click on the AdobePatchInstaller file - then follow the on-screen instructions.

Click here for Windows download for PSE9.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 13, 2011 11:49 PM   in reply to routhwaite

Elements Camera Raw 6.3 update is different than ACR 6.3 update for Ps CS5. Make sure that you are trying to install the correct version. In order to avoid confusion, just try the Help->Updates route and then the update should work fine.

Regards,

Ankush

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Feb 15, 2011 11:41 AM   in reply to routhwaite

6.3 would certainly not be compatible with PSE7 but I assume You have installed the plug-in in the PSE9 File Formats folder?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points