Hi again Mark,
I am sorry i have again not explained myself properly. I will try to get it right this time I want to extend
one side of a photo and keep the same background that is in the photo.
P S I know you can do it in CS3 and above
My method is similar to hatstead's but I expanded the right side.
1. Expand canvas 1" via Image > Resize >Canvas Size as I previously described.
2. Use the Rectangular Marquee to select the expansion and use arrow keys to move this selection onto the picture.
3. Copy and paste selection to a new layer.
4. Use arrow keys to move the new layer onto the expanded area.
6. Cropped to the original 4X6, centering the hawk.
Great picture of hawk, by the way!
This is basically a 2-step process:
Where do you get stuck? Please provide details of your work flow.
Both Mark and I have provided a view of the layer structure, and this is key. Mine is accessed via the posted link to Pixentral.
Hi again Hatstaed,
Thanks for your help but have decided not to bother with it anymore i cannot
see an eye and am losing the will to live.
P S If i ahd known it was this long winded i would not have asked for help
in the first place