Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Videos only in Safari + Youtube appers like a black box

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2011 Feb 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use Safari 5.0.3 on a White Macbook with Snow Leopard and a Intel GMA 950 graphic card. Youtube always go fine, since yesterday. Now, when you go to youtube to wath a video, you can only see a black box. You can not click it, or right click it, nothing happens. But you can watch videos of youtube when they are embedded on a web page, or the flash videos are from other webs.

With firefox and chrome youtube go fine. I had flash 10.1, and installed 10.2 but all is the same. The very strange thing, is that if I use Safari in 32 bits, the youtube videos go fine, or if using Safari 5.0.3 whith the menu developer I use another user agent, for example Safari 5.0.3 windows, I can watch the videos.

But I want my default configuration, with Safari 5.0.3 64 bits.

Can you helpe me, please? I'm visiting forums all around internet, and nobody knowns a solution, and I see that they are many people with this problem.

Ah, excuse me for my english, I'm from Spain, and it costs me very much to write in english, but I understand very well. Another thing, my work is computer engineer, and I known about this type of problems, and I tried reinstalll, look for virus, repair permissions... all that  you can imagine, but nothing.

I wish you can find where is the problem. Thank you.

Sergio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hello Sergio, thanks for the explanation. I didn't know that the default was 64bits for Safari. That is different than the PC.

I have read about Stage Video and think youtube will most likely be the first to support it. It will take other websites some time though.

We had another Mac user just yesterday that was having a problem with Safari and they found out they were using the 64bit browser and as soon as they used the 32bit browser everything was ok.

Here is the thread if you would like to rea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sergio, Thank you for the information. Flash Player for 64bit OS is in beta and is a work in progress. I wouldn't suggest Installing that since it would not be a stable version. Maybe when Adobe finishes testing and developing it for regular use but not now since it's not ready.

You would have to Uninstall all Flash Player you have now and Install that 64bit version. I'm not sure if Firefox/Chrome supports the 64bit. I don't think so.

My advice would be to stay with what you have and use the 32bit browsers until the 64bit is finalized.

You can read about Flash Player for the 64bit Operating Systems here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html

I hope this helps explain some of the 64bit subject.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello eidnolb:

The web that you recommends saids that:        

Mac OS

Mac OS comes with Apple's Safari Web browser pre-installed. The 64-bit version of the Safari browser includes a feature called a "compatibility layer" (a process that runs 32-bit plug-ins in the 64-bit application) so you can install Flash Player in a 64-bit Safari Web browser. To install Flash Player into the Safari browser go to: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer (the Flash Player Download Center).

Then, the recommended flash for Safari 64 bits is the flash 32 bits. At the moment I'd prefer to use Safari in 32 bits mode. I don't like the beta software, they always have bugs (Well, they have more than stable versions ;)). The important thing is that changing the user agent, it goes fine. Then, I imagine the possibility that youtube changes something only for my web browser.

Thank your for your reply.
Sergio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Sergio, thanks. I don't think that websites support the 64bit browser, I know youtube doesn't. I think that is why you are getting a black box. That is one reason that Microsoft/Mac have the 32bit browser as the default browser. From everything I've read on the "Square" that is the 64bit browser in beta by Adobe for Flash Player, it takes time for everyone to get to the same place. Websites, Browsers etc.

Developers and those that are involved in the testing of the Square project will continue until it is ready to be released.

Just as the latest version of the Flash Player 10.2.152.26. It just recently came out of beta on 2/8/11, so it will be with the 64bit browser released version.

Microsoft/IE9(still in beta)/Adobe/Mac/Linux all are working together, otherwise nothing will work

Being in your occupation, you know better than most that Technology is always moving forward. Some of it moves faster than others, LOL Then the others are saying "Wait for me" and they hear, "No, we're moving on, you'll have to catch up" That's my opinion anyway

Thanks, have a good evening/day. I'm in the U.S. so it's after 10PM here:-)

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello eidnolb

The default browser in MacOs 10.6.x (Snow Leopard) is Safari 64 bits, and the flash 32 bits. The youtube videos had beginning to fail yesterday. I find the where the problem exactly is. It is not about flash player, sorry for the post then. The problem is Safari. I find a test where compares normal flash with "stage video" of the new flash. In firefox with de stage video the processor frees about 50% of the use respect the traditional flash.

Nevertheless the "stage video" don't run on Safari 64 bits whith flash 32 bits. Then, it is a very recent problem, and the problem is from Apple. Buffff, it has been a very strange proble :XD

Thank you for your help.

Sergio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sergio, thanks for the explanation. I didn't know that the default was 64bits for Safari. That is different than the PC.

I have read about Stage Video and think youtube will most likely be the first to support it. It will take other websites some time though.

We had another Mac user just yesterday that was having a problem with Safari and they found out they were using the 64bit browser and as soon as they used the 32bit browser everything was ok.

Here is the thread if you would like to read it. I couldn't figure out what was wrong:-)

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3476796#3476796 

Computers are not getting easier to understand

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2011 Feb 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Sergio, Just wanted to thank you for marking your thread as answered. We do get other people that use Mac and when they are searching for answers, this will help them also

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines