Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

"Before you can perform print-related tasks...,you need to install a printer"

Feb 21, 2011 11:30 AM

I have Windows XP SP3.  I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.  I've never had a problem printing a pdf file before.  My printer is a year old and all other applications print without problems.  Suddenly, I am unable to print pdf's.  Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2011 1:21 PM   in reply to GoToJane

Please  verify  if you're Acrobat 9  is updated to  9.4.2 by  checking the version at  Help > About Acrobat  9 Pro

If  it  is Acrobat 9.4.2 then  do  the the  following....

the fast and easy way:

1.) go to the installation directory of Acrobat (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat)

2.) Look for the file "Adobe.Acrobat.Dependencies.manifest"; do  a right click (open with)  then  select from the list  of programs -  choose Wordpad;

3.) Delete the line <file name="atl.dll" /> then  click  on the Save button

4.) Reboot your machine after saving that file

This should fix the issue of being unable to print PDF file after installing 9.4.2 update for Adobe Acrobat.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 24, 2011 4:17 AM   in reply to joebert99@yahoo.com

Hi,

In addition to the above solution, you can also fix your problem by using the EXE as below. I applied the fix on my system, and it seems to have fixed my printing woes.

You can download the EXE from:
    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/891/cpsid_89178/attachments/AcrobatPatchAppli cation.exe

For more information on the same, please refer to:
    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/891/cpsid_89178.html (Solution 1 listed on the page)

Regards

Ankit

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points