Skip navigation
olelink
Currently Being Moderated

USB mic not recognized in Adobe Audition 3.0 (at2020)

Feb 22, 2011 11:24 AM

Hey just got a usb at2020.  In audition i've tried the audition 3.0 drivers, asio4all and my maudio drivers (m-audio 2496) and no luck.  I finally got the asio4all to recognize it as a input device but then I have no output device and if i hit record i get a runtime error.  In reaper it works and in audacity it works.  Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 22, 2011 3:11 PM   in reply to olelink

Audition has had some problems with USB devices that are input only. The audio engine in AA seems to insist that there is always a matching playback device to what ever you are recording from. In ASIO4All have you selected another of your audio devices for playback separately from the USB selection for recording?

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,593 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 22, 2011 3:49 PM   in reply to olelink

Since Audition has only an ASIO engine, it will only recognise one device inherently - that's an ASIO limitation, not an Adobe one. The way around this is to use the ASIO4ALL driver, which will convert the ASIO stream back to WMD, which can use more than one device. What you have to do is make sure that all the devices you want to use are listed in it as available. When this happens, you should be able to select an output device that's different from an input one - but they all have to go via ASIO4ALL and not any other driver, or this simply won't work. And yes, there have been some Audition issues with this. Generally though it's less trouble if you load the app that comes with the microphone.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 23, 2011 2:52 AM   in reply to olelink

Yes some of the options in ASIO4All can be a little hidden away. Glad you have all working now.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points