Skip navigation
CCMultimedia
Currently Being Moderated

Caption button in FLVPlayback Skin disappears

Feb 24, 2011 5:16 PM

I am working in CS5/AS3 with an FLVPlayback component and a pre-made skin with some custom colors. It is a skin with the caption button included (SkinUnderAll to be exact). I'm using Timed-Text files for the caption content. The captions work just fine. All other buttons on the skin show up, but the toggle button isn't showing up.

I checked all of the linkage in the skin's FLA, checked the AS that creates the FLVPlayback and FLVPlaybackCaptioning objects. All seems fine there.

I've checked the paths and SWF locations to be sure all are in the right places.

I've also included a SKIN_LOADED event listener to get around the default captions-on issue. I'm just not seeing what the issue is. I'd prefer to not go back through my code and make a custom control panel with button components. Started this in CS3 and moved the file to CS5, so I'm not sure if there's something I overlooked in the documentation that spells this out.

Any insight into the vanishing caption button would be a great help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2011 12:43 AM   in reply to CCMultimedia

Did you ever figure this out? I'm struggling with the same issue.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 3, 2011 6:21 PM   in reply to CCMultimedia

Well, it's months later, and I'm having the same problem.  After trying everything I could think of, and finding no logical reason why the caption button should disappear, I Googled the issue and it led me here... to other people having the same problem with no solution posted.

Adobe?

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,227 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 25, 2013 1:00 PM   in reply to dr. maybe

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...