Skip navigation
aklarvanto
Currently Being Moderated

Flash Player cause display flickering after update to...

Mar 5, 2011 12:35 AM

Hello,

Noticed today after updating my flash player to 10.2.152.32 that my screen started flickering when switching among videos on youtube and elsewhere. I uninstalled latest version and re-installed previous version 10.2.152.26 and problem went away. I wonder if future udates have this problem fixed.

System: Win7 64bit, Firefox, HP E-467cb dual monitor HP 2310e

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 5, 2011 5:04 PM   in reply to aklarvanto

Hi

I was googling for the same thing and came upon your post here. Same situation with me - when entering/exiting youtube videos (and other flash based pages) the two windows I have on my secondary monitor flicker.

Very annoying, so I guess I'll have to uninstall these drivers and try to find some older ones.

System: Windows 7, 64-bit, IE8, HD-5750 with two 24" monitors through DVI, Intel i7-920, 6 GB RAM

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2011 1:48 PM   in reply to aklarvanto

Thanks for the link, but no success.

And as you might have noticed, I wrote "drivers" instead of "version" in my first post. This was because I had tried updating my display drivers as well, thinking that might help. So I got my expressions mixed up a bit.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2011 8:16 AM   in reply to frenzy81

I have now upgraded to the newest version - 10.2.153.1.

I can report that the flickering is still happening, but now it has moved to my primary monitor instead of the secondary.

I have installed IE9 since the last time as well. The flickering still happens on the primary screen if I move the IE9 window to my secondary screen.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2011 2:55 AM   in reply to aklarvanto

Hi!

I was googling about this same issue and found this post.

I've got the exact same problem. Seems also that dual monitor is a commonality here...

I've got my video drivers updated to the latest version.

The flickering occurs only in the external monitor (set as primary).

Hope there's a solution briefly available.

System: Windows 7 32bits SP1, FF3.6.16, HP 6720s dual monitor Asus VH203d

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2012 2:00 AM   in reply to nacf

I am still seeing this issue on my second monitor (via display port from my Dell XPS 15), using the newest Flash version available. It's more than a year later! Is this still not resolved? In fact the flickering is not only when I switch between apps that are using flash, but rather at random times roughly once every five seconds or so. Note that this is the 'for other browsers' installation.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 5, 2012 10:47 PM   in reply to Drew Noakes

Drew,

I'm surprised about this one.  I've got multiple systems with 2+ monitors and I've never experienced this before.  I also haven't seen this come up again recently.  Could you try using a different browser to see if it occurs there too?

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2014 2:08 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I am having this problem as well, had tried swapping out ALL my parts with good working ones, formatting and reinstalling Windows, same issue no matter. I watch a video on any site, close the video and the screen flickers, hell, even thought it was somehow my monitor as that was the only thing I hadn't changed, and got a new new, same issue. This is a problem and needs to be fixed.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points