• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player cause display flickering after update to...

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2011 Mar 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Noticed today after updating my flash player to 10.2.152.32 that my screen started flickering when switching among videos on youtube and elsewhere. I uninstalled latest version and re-installed previous version 10.2.152.26 and problem went away. I wonder if future udates have this problem fixed.

System: Win7 64bit, Firefox, HP E-467cb dual monitor HP 2310e

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I was googling for the same thing and came upon your post here. Same situation with me - when entering/exiting youtube videos (and other flash based pages) the two windows I have on my secondary monitor flicker.

Very annoying, so I guess I'll have to uninstall these drivers and try to find some older ones.

System: Windows 7, 64-bit, IE8, HD-5750 with two 24" monitors through DVI, Intel i7-920, 6 GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download older version from here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2011 Mar 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link, but no success.

And as you might have noticed, I wrote "drivers" instead of "version" in my first post. This was because I had tried updating my display drivers as well, thinking that might help. So I got my expressions mixed up a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2011 Mar 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now upgraded to the newest version - 10.2.153.1.

I can report that the flickering is still happening, but now it has moved to my primary monitor instead of the secondary.

I have installed IE9 since the last time as well. The flickering still happens on the primary screen if I move the IE9 window to my secondary screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2011 Mar 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, still there. I think we wrestle with something that is not very common. We both have dual monitor setup and use DVI connectors. I still look forward for solution....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2011 Apr 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I was googling about this same issue and found this post.

I've got the exact same problem. Seems also that dual monitor is a commonality here...

I've got my video drivers updated to the latest version.

The flickering occurs only in the external monitor (set as primary).

Hope there's a solution briefly available.

System: Windows 7 32bits SP1, FF3.6.16, HP 6720s dual monitor Asus VH203d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still seeing this issue on my second monitor (via display port from my Dell XPS 15), using the newest Flash version available. It's more than a year later! Is this still not resolved? In fact the flickering is not only when I switch between apps that are using flash, but rather at random times roughly once every five seconds or so. Note that this is the 'for other browsers' installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drew,

I'm surprised about this one.  I've got multiple systems with 2+ monitors and I've never experienced this before.  I also haven't seen this come up again recently.  Could you try using a different browser to see if it occurs there too?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2014 Jan 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem as well, had tried swapping out ALL my parts with good working ones, formatting and reinstalling Windows, same issue no matter. I watch a video on any site, close the video and the screen flickers, hell, even thought it was somehow my monitor as that was the only thing I hadn't changed, and got a new new, same issue. This is a problem and needs to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is obviously not just the first person having this issue.

I run on a single monitor and every time i run flash player at all, it flickers since updating to a newer version of flash. Unfortunately I cannot just uninstall flash player from my computer completely and install another version because its a PAIN IN THE BEHIND windows 10 that has it integrated into the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines