• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5 Bulleted lists, can you modify?

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2011 Mar 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started using Captivate 5 a couple weeks ago, and have run into a problem with bulleted lists. Is there any

way to adjust the numbering/symbols? Can you change the first bullet fromt the default "1" or "A" to

"2" or "B"?

The bulleted formatting style seems extremely limited, especially if doing multiple bulleted lists, being that there's only 1 "symbol" - the disc. So if I have a bulleted list under a bulleted list, unless I change between letters and numbers, they are going to look the same. Looking for any solution to this, can you import any kind of bulleted style from Word or PP?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you cannot import from Word or PPT into a Text Caption in CP5.

But if you really want to have bulleted lists with multiple levels, why not create an image with a CP-capture or another capture program and insert that instead of creating a Text Caption?

Lilybiri

PS forgot another workaround, by exporting to XML, editing and reimporting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indenting a bulleted list item changes the symbol from a disc to a square and then to a smaller hollow square.

BulletedListLevels.png

Is this what you were after?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what I'm talking about, but to do that with a text box in Cap 5. Is that possible? I can do it as an image, I'd love to be able to do it in a text box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this in a Captivate text caption.

The image I showed in my last post contains transparent captions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2011 Mar 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Multiple levels are possible, use the indentation buttons, but you cannot change bullet styles as asked in your original question. Perhaps I understood your question wrong?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources