Wondering if anyone may be able to help with the following error message:
"An internal error has occured: Win32 API error 2 ("The system cannot find the file specified") When calling ShellExecuteExW from AgWorkspace.shellExecute".
The wonderfully unhelpful persons at the helpline said they could not help me but indicated If I reload the version 3.3 in a different location the problem would go away since some plug-in from v1.4 had infected the new install.
I have no custom add-ins/plug-ins, everything is default.
I followed these instructions, however still have the same error. I removed then re-installed 3.3 on another drive away from C:\Progfiles......
Sorry F. McLion, I could have provided the following additional information:
v1.4 lightroom owned, operating without issue, installed in default location
v3.3 trial downloaded, installed default location, export operating without
v1.4 launched to compare, export working fine
v3.3 launched, export results in error message; determined that export actually
worked, just resulted in the error message
un-installed v3.3 per phone support (manager)
re-installed v3.3 on F:\ drive from copy downloaded on F:\... drive. No change.
Odly after I removed then re-installed v3.3, the pictures I was working
on appeared in the re-installed instance with the most current changes - I would
suspect a clean un-install would have removed any semblence of work done prior
to removing (at least pointers to modified files). Since not, this means the
un-install did not truely un-install, it simply removed some files but also left
Microsoft XP Home edition V 2002 Service Pack 3
Dell Dimension 8400 P4 3.00 Ghz 3.00GB ram
Hope this helps.
The installer indeed does not remove everything. It does not remove your preferences, the catalogs and it does not touch the images of course. It would be a good idea to clean all residues of 3.3, reboot and reinstall at its default location. I don't have 1.x but I have 2.7 and 3.3 in parallel without any issues so far.
You can find the location of all the files with this help: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/843/cpsid_84313.html
If the error comes up again after the clean install, a screenshoot of the error would be helpful as well as the entries in the windows logs if there are any. I'm sorry, I don't really have another solid idea for the source nor for a solution of the issue.
I had the same problem and the solution was rather simple. I just had to check "take no action" in the very last field in the export window. I have the german version, it's called "post processing" or "further treatment" or so. The field was filled in by default but for some reason suddenly empty. After I clicked "take no action" the error message was gone and did not return.