Skip navigation
doncrawley
Currently Being Moderated

Diagonal gray bars on clips in sequence

Mar 7, 2011 12:16 PM

I've read in other posts about diagonal gray bars appearing in clips when the source files are missing, but that's not the case with me.  I have created a sequence in a project and am attempting to add it to another sequence.  The first sequence plays with no problem but when I switch to the second sequence in the same project and drag the first sequence into the second, the first sequence is much shorter and it's filled with diagonal gray bars.  If I go back to the first sequence, everything is fine.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 7, 2011 12:43 PM   in reply to doncrawley

Don,

Welcome to the forum.

Normally, diagonal gray lines on Clips in a Track, indicate that that Track is Locked. In the Track Header, there are several icons, and then little boxes for Visibility (Video Tracks), etc. One is the Lock Track and if you have a little "padlock" icon showing, that means that the Track is Locked. Just click the padlock, to Unlock, and see if the gray lines disappear.

If the Track is not Locked, then something else is going on. Normally, with Offline Media, one gets the famous red image in the Clip in the Timeline:

Media_Offline.png

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2011 12:50 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Here is a look at the Track Header w/ the Locked Track padlock and the gray lines in PrPro 2.0. CS5 should be almost identical.

Locked_Track.png

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2011 1:53 PM   in reply to doncrawley

Those diagonal bars normally occur when you nest the first sequence, and then go into the original and shorten it.  The nested sequence will not shorten automatically.  The bars are an indicator that the original has been shortened.

I've never seen then show up immediately after nesting.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2011 2:13 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

I assume you are seeing this:

If so its like Simon says you must have shorten the clips.

nested sequence diagonalen.png

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2011 2:23 PM   in reply to doncrawley

Glad that you found the source of your diagonal gray lines.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2013 10:37 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I was having the same issue and it was driving me mad.  I had interpreted footage at 59fps to 23fps on all of my source clips.  when I relinked the footage the interpret footage did not carry over.  So once I read the above it got me thinking about the interpret footage feature and sure enough when I reinterpreted the source footage gray lines went a way.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points