• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting from Flash to Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2011 Mar 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded from Flash CS3 to CS5. I am surprised to find I cannot export Flash graphics to a ".ai"  format.

Does anyone know of a way in CS5 to get Flash vectors to Illustrator?

Thanks,

Chuck

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Hi All,

Flash Pro CC 2014 (v14.0.0.110) is now available for download via the Creative Cloud App and Adobe website.

We have added SVG Export feature to Flash Pro with this new release. You will now be able to export out vector content from the selected frame as an SVG image that can be opened directly in a Browser and even imported in Adobe Illustrator.

SVG Export option can be accessed via the Publish Settings as well as via File Menu > Export > Export Image option.

Along with this, we have added s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Illustrator CS5 as well? If so, you can Export > Export Image > export as an FXG file, which Illustrator will import. I believe this is the new workflow that Adobe is corralling folks into.

If you don't have Illustrator CS5, use an older version of Flash (which you have) to export that you did in the past...or try saving your art as a SWF and importing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2012 Nov 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did they remove this again in CS6? it is not working any more, i am just told "The fxg is not valid, validate it before opening"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you can't copy and paste vectors from  [ any version of ] Flash to Illustrator CC full stop.

It becomes a low res bitmap - like you are cutting a preview of whats on screen.

Also there is no way to save [ any version of ] Flash and load it in Illustrator CC or PhotoShop as anything other than a lo res bitmap.

We used to have these features and Adobe has removed them - thanks that's useful.

I might remove my subscription - I have paid Adobe a bunch of pounds over the years.

This is not helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Have you tried exporting as .fxg from flash, that worked for me.

But be aware of fonts which has to be outlined first.

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah you can definitely export an fxg file in Flash CS5 and import it into Illustrator but they removed it in CS6 and Flash CC. Why? I read six months ago that they  were going to 'bring in back and make it better'. On these forums in fact. WHY GET RID OF A FEATURE IF YOU'RE NOT READY TO REPLACE IT?!?!?!?!  Now I've heard that FXG format is also deprecated as well so they're closing that format too. I don't understand why Adobe kills it's own app productivity but the Adobe 'suite' is anything but 'sweet' these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other thing, I think the copy & paste can work really well between the two programs. Also, here is some add'l info:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flash/cs/using/WS8BE214F4-41C5-47f3-B0D5-7F3BCA41E1B7a.html#WSFCA8DB0E-7...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Flash Pro CC 2014 (v14.0.0.110) is now available for download via the Creative Cloud App and Adobe website.

We have added SVG Export feature to Flash Pro with this new release. You will now be able to export out vector content from the selected frame as an SVG image that can be opened directly in a Browser and even imported in Adobe Illustrator.

SVG Export option can be accessed via the Publish Settings as well as via File Menu > Export > Export Image option.

Along with this, we have added several new features with this release. Complete list is available at these links:

Overview:         https://www.adobe.com/in/products/flash.html

Whats new:      https://helpx.adobe.com/flash/using/whats-new.html

Release Notes: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash/release-note/flash-professional-cc-2014.html

Thanks,

Nipun

Edit: Get the plugin for Exporting as SVG Sequence for entire timeline at once: Export SVG Sequence from Flash Professional | Nipun Asthana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying this solution now and I keep getting an error.  It reads:

"A JavaScript error occurred.

SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sabird,

When are you getting this error message? While installation or while working with any feature?

Please share more details.. Also, if it's happening with a particular file only, please share it with us.

-Nipun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Adobe Animate CC (Build 16.0.1.119). Today the same error message occurred while exporting to SVG: "A JavaScript error occured. SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list".

The error was due to the name of the folder I was exporting to. I used a single apostrophe in the file name (e.g. Sandra's Folder). This caused the error and therefore I was unable to export at all. After removing the character it worked perfectly (e.g. Sandras Folder).

I hope this helps some of you.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be great!

Only when I open .fla, create svg from it in Flash Pro CS6 trial version and try to open it in Illustrator CS6 it crashes the program immediately, repeatedly and finally. The .svg file is about 1,3MB, my laptop: dell workstation, win7 64bit, 32GB RAM (so I guess this should be enough from equipment requirements to get it to work...). Any idea what causes the problem?

Not getting flash until I'm sure this works....

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting as SVG feature was not available in Flash CS6. If you wish to try out this feature, download a trial version of Flash Pro CC 2014 using Creative Cloud App.

Open your fla file, go to File Menu > Export > Export Image, Select the extension as '.svg' and Export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes of course, my mistake, .svg was created from fla in Flash Pro CC 2014 trial.

But the main problem stands: I can't open this file in Illustrator CS6, because it repeatedly crashes while trying to do so.

Any ideas why it might be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That shouldn't happen in a normal case and might be an issue with a specific file only. Flash CC 2014 exported SVGs are compatible with Illustrator CC 2014. Have you tried importing the SVG in Illustrator CC 2014?

If you can share your FLA file and SVG file, we can take a look. You might also want to report the crashing issue on Illustrator forum.

-Nipun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nipun Asthana, there is no option to export to an .svg format in Flash Pro CC 2014! At least not in my copy. So what can I do?

Louis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash CC 2014 does support SVG export. Can you check and confirm your Flash Pro version once?

SVG Export option can be accessed via Publish Settings as well as via File Menu > Export > Export Image option. (choose the extension as .svg)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I just updated from the adobe updater to make sure I have the latest version of flash. No .SVG option.

Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at 4.03.16 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2015 May 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that SVGs exported by Flash CC 2014 trial will cause Illustrator CS6 to crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2015 May 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a four year old topic, and in the current versions of Flash and Illustrator, I don't see a problem.

Can you post an SVG that goes on to crash Illustrator? Or post an FLA that exports an SVG that causes problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly do I get Flash Pro CC 2014 (v14.0.0.110). I'm looking at Creative Cloud and Previous Apps and it says it's up to date, but in Flash CC 2014, it actually says 13.0.0.759.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well why not updating your Mac OS instead ?

I did it a few days ago, and it works perfectly now, but I'm still cautious.

I don't know what to say, sorry.

You should try to contact adobe by chat, they can help you, they did it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. And secondly, how do I contact them?

EDIT: Oh, maybe it's this: Adobe Support

Well, Siwax, did you use Contact Us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not send an email.

Forget also the phone you must have the right combinaison of numbers.

You need to chat, this is more effective.

Contact Customer Care

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=CCSN_how-tos-troubleshooting_stillNeedHelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can also confirm that SVG export from Flash CC will crash AI CC every time.I'd upload the file so you can check it but it's company property so can't sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines