I discovered today when attempting to use AIR 2.5 with FlexUnit4.1 RC2 that you will get the following error when adl.exe is invoked:
[flexunit] Setting up server process ...
[flexunit] Starting server ...
[flexunit] Opening server socket on port .
[flexunit] Waiting for client connection ...
[flexunit] Found AIR version: 2.5
[flexunit] Created application descriptor at [C:\EclipseWorkspace3.5\report.renderer_tests_2\build\flexUnitDescrip tor.xml]
[flexunit] Executing 'C:\Flex\AIRSdk2.5\bin\adl.exe' with arguments:
[flexunit] 'C:\EclipseWorkspace3.5\report.renderer_tests_2\build\flexUnitDescrip tor.xml'
[flexunit] The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
[flexunit] not part of the command.
[flexunit] invalid application descriptor: versionNumber must have a non-empty value.
From what I can tell, the flexUnitDescriptor.xml file that FlexUnit is producing has this:
I guess AIR 2.5 changes the element name to <versionNumber>. When I manually changed 'version' to 'versionNumber', I could get adl.exe to launch and run the tests manually from the command line.
Something to be aware of - hopefully you all are aware of this apparent API change.
This issue has actually been resolved in the RC3 build of FlexUnit. At least I have applied code to resolve this isssue
Can you please try utilizing the libraries provided in our RC3 build?
Let me know if you still have issues with this. Does the fact that this is running now, mean that you made progress on your other post?
Thanks for the information - I did not know RC3 was out yet. I will give it a try.
As for my other post, "tests do not start executing with adl.exe", no, I have not gotten past that problem. I was just trying other AIR versions in desperation, thinking something later would work.
Let me re-try with RC3 and then I will reply to you on the other issue.
I tried the new RC3 you pointed me to, but when attempting to use AIR 2.5, I am still seeing the error: "invalid application descriptor: versionNumber must have a non-empty value."
It was due to 'version' part which you are using for 2.5 namespace...!!! For 2.5 and greater, we should use 'versionNumber' instead of 'version and the value should be a number too ..!!! Just check your app-xml and find whether you have added this portion and removed the 'version' part from that ...
Europe, Middle East and Africa