Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

FU4.1RC2 - "invalid application descriptor" when using AIR 2.5

Mar 10, 2011 11:33 AM

Folks,

I discovered today when attempting to use AIR 2.5 with FlexUnit4.1 RC2 that you will get the following error when adl.exe is invoked:

[flexunit] Setting up server process ...

[flexunit] Starting server ...

[flexunit] Opening server socket on port [1024].

[flexunit] Waiting for client connection ...

[flexunit] Found AIR version: 2.5

[flexunit] Created application descriptor at [C:\EclipseWorkspace3.5\report.renderer_tests_2\build\flexUnitDescrip tor.xml]

[flexunit] Executing 'C:\Flex\AIRSdk2.5\bin\adl.exe' with arguments:

[flexunit] 'C:\EclipseWorkspace3.5\report.renderer_tests_2\build\flexUnitDescrip tor.xml'

[flexunit] The ' characters around the executable and arguments are

[flexunit] not part of the command.

[flexunit] invalid application descriptor: versionNumber must have a non-empty value.

From what I can tell, the flexUnitDescriptor.xml file that FlexUnit is producing has this:

<version>1.0.0</version>

I guess AIR 2.5 changes the element name to <versionNumber>. When I manually changed 'version' to 'versionNumber', I could get adl.exe to launch and run the tests manually from the command line.

Something to be aware of - hopefully you all are aware of this apparent API change.

Regards,

Trevor

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 10, 2011 1:29 PM   in reply to trevorbutler

Hi Trevor,

This issue has actually been resolved in the RC3 build of FlexUnit.  At least I have applied code to resolve this isssue

Can you please try utilizing the libraries provided in our RC3 build?

http://flexunit.digitalprimates.net:8080/job/FlexUnit4-Flex3.5/lastSuc cessfulBuild/artifact/flexunit-4.1.0_RC3-30-3.5.0.12683.zip

Let me know if you still have issues with this.  Does the fact that this is running now, mean that you made progress on your other post?

Thanks,

simeon

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 24, 2011 12:00 PM   in reply to trevorbutler

It was due to 'version' part which you are using for 2.5 namespace...!!! For 2.5 and greater, we should use 'versionNumber' instead of 'version and the value should be a number too ..!!! Just check your app-xml and find whether you have added this portion and removed the 'version' part from that ...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points