Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Fuzzy Edges on Animated Gif

Jun 20, 2007 4:01 PM

I created a very simple animation in Fireworks that loops to a closed circle. It's pixelated around the edges and also has a thin, pixilated white line around it. Does anyone know how to get rid of this? I used "index transparency" on my export settings and left the rest at default.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2007 5:42 PM   in reply to bonniegonz

"bonniegonz" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
    news:f5cbjj$8d9$1@forums.macromedia.com...
    >I created a very simple animation in Fireworks that loops to a closed
    >circle.
    > It's pixelated around the edges and also has a thin, pixilated white line
    > around it. Does anyone know how to get rid of this? I used "index
    > transparency"
    > on my export settings and left the rest at default.

If the actual edges of the object are antialiased against white, you will
    get a "white" line on the edge pixels where they are a halfway color between
    the edge and the white. Set objects to have a hard edge and the problem
    will go away.

HTH;

Amy

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 7, 2011 6:19 PM   in reply to Newsgroup_User

Just came across this same issue in CS5.  Sometimes when you resize an image using the "Image size" function, Fireworks does not properly scale either the width or the height to the closest absolute pixel.  This creates a sub pixel which becomes apparent with exporting GIFs.  You can see the scaling issue if you throw  a 1 pixel solid hard edge border around your image: if you see a transparent gap on the outside of the border then you've got the issue & it's this that causes the GIF image to go blurry when exported.   The fix is to crop the image changing the canvas size to "absolutely" crop the image.

Generally the animated Fireworks GIFs exports are a buggy part of an otherwise great web graphic design tool:

• both palettes not correctly mapping colour
    • frame times can go heywire in complex documents with multiple pages and states
    • the export of an animated gif with a document with multiple pages and states can generate redundant files.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)