Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Assemble PDF's located in Network folder

Level 2

Hi,

I am trying to assemble PDF's which are located in a network folder..

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<DDX xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0/">

<PDF result="PDFA.pdf">

<PDF source="\\w2msmossmgn02\SharedFolder\PID_APR_P111556.pdf"/>

<PDF source="\\w2msmossmgn02\SharedFolder\PID_P111556.pdf"/>

</PDF>

</DDX>

when the assembler service is invoked with the above DDX, i get an error as below,

com.adobe.internal.ddxm.DDXMException: com.adobe.internal.pdfm.CollateralNotFoundException:

DDXM_S14017: A <PDF> source document is required, but no documents were found for {PDF source="\\w2msmossmgn02\SharedFolder\PID_APR_P111556.pdf" baseDocument="true"}.

I have also tried giving the files names as specified in the DDXREF help file as below,

file:///dir-path/filename  (file:///w2msmossmgn02/SharedFolder/PID_APR_P111556.pdf) but it didn't work either.

Can some one pls help?

Thank you,

Sandeep.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

There are two options that I can see:

1 - map a drive (on the server) to the w2msmossmgn02\SharedFolder and use that mapping in the source.  For example:  If I may drive X to w2msmossmgn02\SharedFolder then my DDX would have the entry:  <PDF source="file:///x:/PID_P111556.pdf"/>

2 - Use the "Read Document" operation to read the PDFs into a variable (or a list of document)  then use the "Invoke DDX" operation to map the variables to the PDF source entries.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 8

There are two options that I can see:

1 - map a drive (on the server) to the w2msmossmgn02\SharedFolder and use that mapping in the source.  For example:  If I may drive X to w2msmossmgn02\SharedFolder then my DDX would have the entry:  <PDF source="file:///x:/PID_P111556.pdf"/>

2 - Use the "Read Document" operation to read the PDFs into a variable (or a list of document)  then use the "Invoke DDX" operation to map the variables to the PDF source entries.