• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

duplicate keyframe without using copy and past?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2011 Mar 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been searching this out for a bit now, and can't seem to find  an answer. I'm using AE CS5, and trying to duplicate a keyframe. I can  copy and paste, no problem, but I seem to recall being able to hold a  key down and drag a keyframe which would duplicate the keyframe. Doing  research I've found reference to ALT drag doing this, but this does  nothing for me. I'm almost positive I recall doing this but just can't  remember or find out how again. Any help greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 14, 2011 Mar 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of any way to copy keyframes by Alt-dragging.

Here's all of the information about editing and copying keyframes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using AE since v5 more or less and I'm reasonably sure there never has been such a feature.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2015 Mar 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i believe, people who think they remember such a feature in after effects, are possibly 3ds max users, who confuse the keyframe behaviour in both programs.

nonetheless, the feature is useful and should be implemented!!! ADOBE! YOU LISTENING????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2015 Mar 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make feature requests here:

http://adobe.ly/feature_request

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! In premiere they have that feature and works great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can alt/option + click and drag in the Effects Panel in Premiere Pro to duplicate a keyframe. That has worked for several versions.

Inside AE, if there is no keyframe to the left of the cti you can duplicate the last keyframe by pressing alt/option + the appropriate shortcut for properties like transform, mask feather and mask that have keyframe shortcuts. If the property does not have a shortcut you can click on the little diamond in the keys column to add a duplicate of the previous keyframe to the left. If you are in between keyframes then you can set a new one using the same techniques but the value will tween between the keyframe to the right and the keyframe to the left.

I can see the this might be a useful feature for some projects. Please file a feature request and I'll do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly! 100%!! Long overdue in After Effects!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do alt-drag to copy - on PC not on Mac... #lame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do alt-drag to copy - on PC not on Mac... #lame

you can't duplicate keyframes alt+drag in Ae - in Pc or Mac. please file a feature request, it won't be the first one for this feature I can promise you and the more votes, the more chance this would be implemented

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The alt/option drag works in Premiere Pro on Mac and PC unless you have modified your keyboard shortcuts in System preferences...

As others have said, AE does not have this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines