Skip navigation
girlygirl401
Currently Being Moderated

Can you convert SWF to FLA?

Mar 14, 2011 4:02 PM

I am probably the stupidest person in the world...  I accidently deleted my FLA file while cleaning up my computer.   But I have the SWF version.  Is there a way to convert my SWF to a FLA?  I tried renaming but it didn't work.  I really don't want to start all over-- the project took weeks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 14, 2011 4:56 PM   in reply to girlygirl401

You might be able to recreate an fla of your file if you get your hands on a decompiler.  You're not likely to find any for free though.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2013 10:24 AM   in reply to girlygirl401

what software did you use? I work for a defense contractor, so I need a reliable and safe program to recommend. I have many swf files that I need to edit, but when I import them into flash I lose a lot of the internal animations.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2013 12:50 AM   in reply to mhunter1964

I work for a defense contractor, so I need a reliable and safe program to recommend.

Any defense contractor which is allowing swf files on their network should be informed that you will hardly find any piece of software,

that is less reliable and less safe than flash.

I have many swf files that I need to edit, but when I import them into flash I lose a lot of the internal animations.

Even the best decompilers will make it hard for you to modify the internal code if you`are not the programmer who originally made it.

If you have "many" swf files and only need the animation, you will it find a lot less complicated to convert them to video and use a program like AfterEffects to tailor it to your visual needs.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2013 7:54 AM   in reply to moccamaximum

We have source files made years ago from other contractors that we re-use. Sometimes a single animation, like a pump spinning, will not be there when I drag the swf into Flash. Other animations work perfectly.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points