Skip navigation
AJDA123456789
Currently Being Moderated

Can't convert  NEF to RAW

Mar 15, 2011 2:50 PM

I am trying to convert my NEF files using the DNG converter. When I open the converter and select the folder an error box comes up with:

'The sorce folder does not contain any supported camera raw files'

The files are indeed there, I have used the converter for a few years now and never encountered any problems like this. My camera is and has always been compatable with the software.

Can anyone provide any solutions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 16, 2011 7:58 AM   in reply to AJDA123456789

What camera?

What operating system?

What version of the DNG converter?

Did this problem just start?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2011 1:16 PM   in reply to AJDA123456789

I really don't know what to tell you.  That just doesn't sound right.  What version of Photoshop are you using?  If you have native support for your NEF files can you convert to DNG using Photoshop or Lightroom?  I'm still not convinced converting to DNG is all that advantageous anyway.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2011 9:55 AM   in reply to AJDA123456789

I don't know if your camera was supported in Photoshop CS2. In order to convert to DNG it is first necessary to load the images into ACR and then use the "Save" option to create the DNG files. One other thing you might try is to open the folder of NEF files in Windows Explorer and highlight all of them and drag them onto the DNG Converter icon. That works for me in Windows. I know I doesn't work on the Mac. Anyway, give that a try and see if it works.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points