• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IE 9 and Flash Player problems

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2011 Mar 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 7 64 bit OS.  Upgrading to IE 9 has resulted in inability to play videos.  Get message that need updated FP, but have the FP 10.2.152.32 installed on computer.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled FP following instructions in kb2.adobe.com.....19166 to no avail.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled IE 9, uninstalled/reinstalled FP and tried it manually as well, still get message that need current version of FP.  When I check programs installed and in the IE under Manage Add-ons, FP is recognized.  I have used only the 32 bit IE, but even tried loading the Square FP for 64 bit IE, still get the message to get current version of FP.  I need help!!

JR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I can appreciate how frustrating this can be. Let's take a look and see what Flash files are Installed.

Go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash  Open Flash and post back all files listed.

Then using IE, go here to the test site and let me know if you can see the Flash logo animation(Red F) and what version of Flash Player is Displayed.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

This will be helpful before proceeding with any further steps.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2011 Mar 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eidnolb

The above post sounds just like the issues I was dealing with.

Looks like we need an official Adobe Flash follow up and fix.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Altoid777,

It may be, but since Jim hasn't gotten back with the info I need, I don't know. There can be other reasons that FP is not working properly.

I'm thinking perhaps he read other threads and found his answer. Until then, we're back to your thread:-)

Thanks,

eidnolb

P.S. I was on Youtube late last night concerning the FP/Youtube issues and Youtube concurs with Adobe. They are both working together to solve this issue. Spin45 relayed after his talk with Adobe, that a fix will be coming. So until then, we'll

need to wait. There are a couple of things that can be done until then and it's documented here from the Adobe Flash Player Team:

Sticky put up by Chris Campbell          3/16/11

Troubleshooting Flash Player Video Issues Flash Player 10 and later can use your system’s graphics hardware to accelerate video decoding. Flash Player 10.2 and later can also accelerate video presentation on some sites, accelerating all aspects of video playback.

If you are experiencing video playback issues in Flash Player, it is possible that your graphics card driver software has incompatibility issues. Please follow the steps in the following article to troubleshoot these issues and help provide Adobe with information that can be used to improve Flash Player.

Troubleshooting and Reporting Flash Player Video Issues

: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/839/cpsid_83952.html

This includes all Platforms

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all who have responded. I had to leave town after posting the

problem. In my absence, my son called Microsoft and they walked him through

a correction. Unfortunately, he is not here now to explain what was done

and I suspect he may not know. Evidently there were some corrupted files in

the IE9 download--it took about 75 minutes for them to correct the problem.

I wish I could provide everyone with a more definitive answer. Thanks again

to everyone who has responded to my query.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, Thanks. Well at least your issue was taken care of, glad of that. Sometimes Uninstalling and Installing multiple times can in itself cause issues.

Thanks for posting and letting us know of this:-), appreciate it.

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2011 Apr 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evening i wanted to see if it was possible to get a fix for my ie9 and flash issue here are all the files

list in the flash folder are:

Flashplayer Trust,

Flash10l.ocx,

flash10m.ocx,

flashinstall,

flashplayer.xpt,

flashutil10m_activex.dll,

flashutil10m_activex, install,

NPSWF32.dll,

NPSWF32_flashutil & uninstall_plugin.

The logo didnt display and the verison it show is 10.2.159.1

Also i am running Windows 7 x64

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2011 Apr 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be better if you started your own topic, as the problem in this topic is already resolved, and most likely your problem is different.

Re-post all the above information, and also what web browser(s) you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 01, 2011 May 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DFlores1277,

Thanks for the info. However Pat is right in suggesting that you start a discussion of your own, since it takes a few back and forth to find out what the problem is. The person that started this thread receives an email each time someone posts a message, so we try not to have that happen any more than necessary.

Some Forums don't want new discussions and like everyone to stay on one, but Adobe Flash Player Forum prefers each have their own. Makes it easier for you and those of us that help

After you sign in and come to the Flash Player Forum website, look on the right side for "Start a discussion" and then just follow the instructions.

I do see a couple of problems from what you listed. As soon as I see your new discussion/thread, I can bring the info over so you don't have to type it again.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eidnolb,

I see you're still at it.  Like I said before, keep up the good work.

Spin45

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Spin, Where in the world have you been? I was on another thread today and it happened to be one that you had posted on and I was thinking, I wonder what he's up to? LOL I thot I'd remember which thread but after I looked at my History, forget it!!

Too many threads which is sort of strange since I didn't think I'd been on that many. Well I search a lot too:-)

It appears that the youtube/IE/FF issues have calmed down. It's IE9/Kill-bits/Viruses/Trojans and other nasties. A FakeTrojan took me out a couple of weeks ago! From what I could tell afterwards, it got in thru my Firewall. So I closed all Ports and figured if I ever need a particular one open, I'll open it:-)

So other than that and wearing out umbrellas all is good:-) Lot of rain in my area.

Thanks for dropping by!

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2011 May 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, eidnob.  I haven't been hiding, I've just been busy.

Since, with your help, I resolved by You Tube video issue with FF, I haven't had much to complain about...regarding Adobe, that is.  However, that could change.  I keep getting the Adobe auto-update wanting me to download a Flash player update.  I have just been closing the notice.  Things are working fine now and knowing how Adobe has a habit of releasing updates without a really good test effort, I just decided...the heck with it.  At least for right now.

I see you're still helping the folks and staying busy.  Keep up the good work.  I think Adobe ought to be paying you with all that you do for them.

Spin45

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Spin!! Nice to hear FP/YT/FF is working as it should for you! Evidently that issue has been solved. Now we're on to the next one:-) Right now changes with the 10.3/IE8/IE9 and FF 4.0 include some changes that need dealt with, involving the LSO's. I think it's just a matter of understanding how they work, etc. Also an issue with the Intel HD graphics and making sure other manufacturers have the latest drivers available. Thread if you are interested: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/853591?tstart=0

I updated to the latest FP 10.3 on my laptop but not my Desktop. Waiting on a FP update, which may be coming. So you may want to hold off on the 10.3 until then. My Desktop is a "Senior Citizen" and needs special care and no stress:-) Besides it's my Adobe Work Computer and contains all kinds of info, LOL

Hope your work is going well. Stop by anytime!!

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2011 Jul 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/  did not work a few hours ago, but now says "You have version 10,3,181,34 installed."

I have a Win 7 home premium, NVidia video card GTX285, has been working fine.

Past two days, perhaps after accepting a prompt to download the latest version of flash 10.3.... in ie9 64 bit, noticed I cannot run any videos - asked to downolad flash again and again and again.

Tried switching to 32 bit ie9.  In ie9/32 I found in Safety the Active X filtering was checked.  Unchecked that, and flash worked.  Checked it again, flash failed.  returned to ie9/64, but Active X filtering was not checked, and Flash still failed.

Every time I restart ie9/32 I have to uncheck Active X filtering again.

Safari v 5.04 works fine first time.  I will be nervous accepting any suggestions to update it, though.

Adobe's flash website section says you cannot use flash with ie9/64.  But I have been using  flash with ie9/64 for months, and was running it when the prompt to update to 10.3... appeared.  suggested I update Video driver - done.

This whole business has wasted hours of my time, and I guess many other people have had similar problems.  Do they not test this stuff before they toss it out at us?

Why does MS allow ie9 to be hostage to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2011 Jul 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BryanStone wrote:

Adobe's flash website section says you cannot use flash with ie9/64.

The currently released Flash Player (10.3) only works on 32-bit browsers.  If you need it to work on 64-bit browsers, install Flash Player 11 (currently beta).

BryanStone wrote:

Every time I restart ie9/32 I have to uncheck Active X filtering again.

ActiveX Filtering is an IE9 feature; nothing to do with Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following (assuming you have Adobe Flash Player v10.2 installed):

• Restart your computer.

• Open Internet Options (located in the Control Panel).

• Click on the Advanced tab.

• Click on the Reset button, place a check next to Delete Personal Settings and then click Reset.

• Launch IE9 and Adobe Flash Player will be properly enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jim570, I would advise on not trying any "solutions" until it can be determined that Flash Player has been Installed correctly. Unless that is confirmed , then no solution is going to work and may actually cause more problems.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2011 Mar 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eidnolb,

I just got off the phone with what I thought was the D.C. Adobe office but it turns out the transferred me to the Calif. office.  In any case, they said they would have someone call me today to discuss the Flash/You Tube situation.  I'll let you know the outcome.

Spin45

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Spin, Just a note to answer this message. I've read your info on the other thread, good job:-)

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2011 May 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi JR ... not sure if you solved the problem however i had the same issue and managed to fix it 100%.

my driver was lower than

i found this adobe support post:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/904/cpsid_90416.html

solution #1 fixed it (description  below)

"On some systems, you may be able to resolve this issue by updating the Intel HD Graphics drivers. It has been reported that driver versions 8.15.10.2361 and above do not exhibit this bug. Unfortunately, some systems might require updates directly from your system manufacturer. We’re working with system manufacturers to make sure they include the latest drivers in future releases."

basically i clicked on the link, selected to download Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate.

Downloaded and installed the driver at the top of the list (Iink below)

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows 7* 64, Windows Vista* 64 (exe)

the strange thing was that i checked device manager and even when i looked for updates (my driver was lower than 8.15.10.2361) it said i was up to date ... either way upgrading fixed it.

good luck

r

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those running into problems with Internet Explorer 9 and Flash Player 10.3, we have just released a test version that we're hoping resolves the problems you're encountering.

"A pre-release Flash Player to address this issue is now available for testing. We are very interested in hearing you feedback concerning this possible fix. If you should encounter any new issues please report these through our Adobe Flash Player Bug Management System. Please review the instructions on this page for details on generating the information we’ll need for further investigation.

Download Flash Player 10.3.181.15 Update

Important: Please note that this build is for testing and feedback purposes only and is not a full Flash Player release. By installing this binary you accept the terms of the Adobe Software License Agreement."

After installing the new version, please re-enable your hardware acceleration in IE9 if you had previously disabled it.  We'd like to know if this solves the problem for you, after trying it out please let us know.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines