Skip navigation
info@filmundton.de
Currently Being Moderated

How to Create BluRay PopUp Menu for changing audio track

Mar 16, 2011 5:05 PM

Hi, I've build a Blu-Ray with  Encore CS5 with several videoclips and menus. One clip has 4 audio  tracks and 2 subtitle tracks with different languages. Now I want to add  a pop up Menu to this clip, where I can change the audio track and/or  the subtitle track while the movie is playing.

I've created 2  Pop-Up Menu with severeal pages e.g. for directing to the bonus material  right from the running clip. No problem. I also can create a pop up  Menu with buttons for the different languages to change audio channel.  But evertytime a language button is pressed, the languages changes but  the movie starts playing this clip from the beginning. The language does  not change at that point of running movie. I think this concernes to  the target I linked to the buttons. The button e.g. for "French" is  linked to "Chapter 1 of this clip" with audio Track 2 (which is French),  so of course it plays the movie from chapter one in French. But I  cannot find another possibility to link another target, that only  concernes to the audio track. So what can I do  to change audio track  with a Pop up Menu while movie is running at the point where I am  without stop. Exact the same with the subtitles. Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 17, 2011 8:22 AM   in reply to info@filmundton.de

Hi,

changing the audio while film is running is a player (or pc application) feature (may I say: "every player"?).

It is the button called audio, if I don't go wrong.

I have this button on every remote control of my players (sony, sharp and panasonic).

Sometimes is called "audio" sometimes has an icon like this O)).

Encore works with links, anyway.

Ciao

Giorgio

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2011 11:57 PM   in reply to info@filmundton.de

Hi again,

unfortunately Encore works by "links" and links are very related to specific points, as you surely have seen in the "link options" right tab.

I'm afraid you can create menus, linking them to remote control buttons, but not to undefinite points of your movie.

These are "variable" and I'm not sure you can link any to them.

I've have also supposed a movie created not as timeline but as menu with automated buttons linked to the audio but we have once again to "fight" with variables......

But, who never knows, maybe some other has better ideas concerning this problem.

Sorry

Ciao

Giorgio

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2011 3:10 AM   in reply to info@filmundton.de

It's not possible. As already pointed out, Encore works entirely based on "Links" and any operation therefore must be associated with one such link. You could do it, of course, but it would mean to jump to a specific marker or start playing the timeline again. so no, whjat you have in mind can't be done in any current version of Encore.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2011 4:07 PM   in reply to info@filmundton.de

You can do this with the "specify link" choice in the "Link" popup menu when you select a button. This will give you a dialog with another pair of popups, one for audio and one for subtitle stream. Then you can link to any button on the same menu, and the user can hit the popup button on the remote again to hide the popup menu. Beware the popup off function, it crashed last time I tried it.

We are in the process of releasing software that can fix Encore navigation problems, you can find the information at rivergatesoftware.com.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 8:58 AM   in reply to info@filmundton.de

Sorry to up this topic.

But I think it's not possible to change audio or subtitle without to put a link and so, restart the timeline playing.

If you have a secret telle me it...

Update:

Ok it works: the link is to popup menu not to timeline playing so there is no restart.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2013 11:19 AM   in reply to Larry Applegate

Hi Larry

Im trying to create a button on my popup menu to exit the popup menu while the video is playing... i see here you mention a popup off function. I really need to get this function working as its for a client and he saw this on a dvd. Im running out of time. could you show me this function maybe they corrected this in cs 6. or is there another way i can do this. without using the popup menu button on the remote.

Thanks

Kind Regards

Eugene

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2013 12:37 PM   in reply to eugenewalt123

Hi Eugene,

As far as I know, Adobe continues to ignore my long-time reports of errors in their navigation commands. Yes, it is possible to to turn off a popup menu from a button in the menu, as well as from toggling the popup menu off from the popup button on the remote. But their code also creates an invalid link, which either crashes the player or defeats the desired result.

This error can be fixed with BluStreak Tracer, which is mentioned in our tutorial "12 Tangos" on our web site rivergatesoftware.com.

If you like, you can send me a cut-down Encore build folder and I'll take a look at your specific problem. Contact me at larry at our site.

Regards,

Larry

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2013 4:42 AM   in reply to Larry Applegate

Thanks Larry

I sent you a mail

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...