• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable AdobeResourceSynchronizer?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2011 Mar 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm using Acrobat X Pro and I often see a process AdobeResourceSynchronizer consumes 80~90% of CPU power and doesn't finish even after 30 minutes. My question is, is there any way to disable this process? I have already removed AdobeResourceSynchronizer from my login item but it appears again. Also I didn't use any shared review or tracker.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Thanks,

Jong

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

After 6-8 months of that pop up finally the fix: mac OS Mojave // installed the newest version. IT HAS STOPPED......... Thank you apple!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you see this: http://blogs.adobe.com/barnaby.james/2006/12/the_adobe_synch_1.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that article but the directories and files look different from mine (The solution is described for Acrobat 8 and I'm using Acrobat X Pro). Especially I can't find RdrENU80SelfHeal.xml file under /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/.

I have only /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat 10 AMT directory and can't find any similar file like RdrENU80SelfHeal.xml.

Thank you for your information though.

Jong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version of Mac OS X is 10.6. It looks like the process doesn't run always. When idle, it springs up suddenly. I don't know where I turn this off and how. I used Activity Monitor too to monitor the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Applications>Adobe Reader X>Adobe Reader.app>

Right Click and Show package contents>Contents>

Picture 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have "Adobe Acrobat Pro" (version 10.0.1) and it doesn't look like having the same files as in "Acrobat Reader X"

Acrobat Pro Contents.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Mac OS are you running? How are you determining your CPU consumption?

I'm running Acrobat X on two Macs. When I look at Activity Monitor on either computer, and select All Processes, I don't even see AdobeResourceSynchronizer listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check Tracker to see if there are any Reviews or Forms listed? In case there are any, Synchronizer must be synchronizing them, thats why you see AdobeResourceSynchronizer running in Activity Monitor. Removing all items from Tracker will automatically lead to closing of AdobeResourceSynchronizer.Can you share a screenshot of Activity Monitor where you see the high CPU usage of this process and also a screenshot of Tracker (from Acrobat X->Comment pane->Reviews->Tracker)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2011 Mar 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I got hit by this problem again :

Capture d’écran 2011-03-28 à 11.43.47.png

By again I mean that I had met this problem first immediately after purchasing and installing Acrobat X Pro, and I thought I had solved it for good by removing AdobeResourceSynchronizer from the Login Items (in System Preferences > Accounts) and setting the Tracker Pref to Never :

Capture d’écran 2011-03-28 à 11.59.48.png

Today the Tracker Pref is still Never, but for some reason AdobeResourceSynchronizer has been added back to the Login Items (through no action of mine). Removing it solves apparently the problem, but for how long? How to prevent AdobeResourceSynchronizer from ever appearing back again?

Just to be sure: there was no proxy activated at the time this occurred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check Tracker to see if there are any reviews present?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None (no initiated or joined review, no distributed or received form).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check the folder ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/<version>/Collab and send me the Workflows file present here? Send at ambooATadobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just encountered this problem now. Ever since I installed Adobe Reader (yesterday), my Macbook Pro got very loud. I checked Activity Monitor and saw this AdobeResourceSynchronizer running in the background. And after a long time googling, I finally found this thread. So I followed post #8, 25 and 26, and remove the AdobeResourceSynchronizer from Login and delete it from inside the Adobe Reader app, and set  "Automatically Check for New Comments and Form Data" to Never. And after rebooting the computer, the app never appears again.

Thank you everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2011 Apr 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today AdobeResourceSynchronizer has been reactivated again and consumed about 80% of CPU and running for an hour until I killed it. The followings are screenshots and logs I got from Activity Monitor. As you can see in Fig 1, I never used tracker before and thus I have nothing in Tracker.  Also, my Collab directory (/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/10.0/Collab) is empty.

I will appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks,

Jong

screen4.jpg(Fig 1)

screen1.jpg (Fig 2)screen2.jpg (Fig 3)screen3.jpg (Fig 4)

Texts in Fig 3:

/

/Applications/Adobe Acrobat X Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/Support/AdobeResourceSynchronizer.app/Contents/MacOS/AdobeResourceSynchronizer

/usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib

/usr/lib/libssl.0.9.7.dylib

/Applications/Adobe Acrobat X Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/Frameworks/AdobeAXE8SharedExpat.framework/Versions/A/AdobeAXE8SharedExpat

/Applications/Adobe Acrobat X Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/Frameworks/AdobeBIB.framework/Versions/A/AdobeBIB

/Applications/Adobe Acrobat X Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/Frameworks/AcroSQLite.framework/Versions/A/AcroSQLite

/usr/share/icu/icudt40l.dat

/usr/lib/dyld

/private/var/db/dyld/dyld_shared_cache_i386

/dev/null

->0x0ae44b5c

->0x0ae44b5c

/private/etc/security/audit_control

->0x09165f30

->0x091660e0

->0x09165ea0

->0x09166200

count=0, state=0

->0x0866ce10

->0x091664d0

count=1, state=0x2

/Users/jychoi/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/10.0/Synchronizer/Commands

/Users/jychoi/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/10.0/Synchronizer/metadata/Synchronizer100

/Users/jychoi/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/10.0/Synchronizer/metadata

/Users/jychoi/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/10.0/Synchronizer/Notification

/private/etc/security/audit_class

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2011 Apr 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just noticed now the same thing: AdobeResourceSynchronizer churning away taking up 80% of CPU time.  This is after the first reboot on installing the latest version of Acrobat Reader on 10.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2011 Apr 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any other Adobe products installed, other than Adobe Reader? Did you install Reader for first time and noticed high CPU usage on reboot? Did you notice the same before the reboot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got Lightroom, and some of CS5 (Photoshop/Illustrator) installed.  The high CPU usage came after installing the update to 10.0.3, not on the first installation.  I only noticed high CPU usage after the initial reboot; I killed the process, and then rebooted, with no subsequent high CPU usage.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both reader and Acrobat X.03 which activity Monitor on. It spiked at 75%  then immediately dropped to .3% and stayed there.  Of course I have 8GB of DDR3 1067 MB memory and am running 64 bit. (using a MacBookPro17" 8Gb RAM 500 GB SATA Hard Drive)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm suffering from the same issue.

I'm on a MacBook Air running CS5 Master and Acrobat X Pro

10.6.7 OSX and running latest software updates.

Haven't touched Reader and there is no finding of the files mentioned in the blog post I read from 2006, or anyones suggestions for that matter.

I noticed my 15 day old computer getting garbage battery life, should be close to 5-6 hours, I was hitting maybe 2. Anyways, after troubleshooting with techs, noticed the high CPU usage of the aforementioned AdobeResou... So it would seem I'm suffering from the same issue and I have manually turned tracking off right after I installed Acrobat a week ago.

Seems to run between 56-79% usage, with peeks at 88%.

Adobe this is a really stupid issue, please provide a fix, or even a bloody patch. Can't Remove the login item and have it stay in hell either.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same machine, same OS version, same issue.

ADOBE ARE YOU LISTENING?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have this problem and I really think this is a serious

problem. In one day, I left my laptop alone for a few hours and came

back. I found my laptop was so hot and almost felt like burning

inside. The main reason was AdodeResourceSynchronizer which was

running for hours consuming all CPU powers. There must be a solution

for this!!

Jong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditch Adobe

>> There must be a solution for this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2011 Jun 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdobeResourceSucker came back even though it is clearly disabled in my Login Items. Probably Adobe Reader is launching it, since that is the only other Adobe thing I have installed.

Here is how to make sure it will never come back.

In a Terminal window, cd to the correct the correct directory.

$ pwd

/Applications/Adobe Reader.app/Contents/Support

Delete the sucker forever

$ sudo rm -rf AdobeResourceSynchronizer.app

Password:

You will be asked for your admin password. If you have never used sudo to do something, this is not a good command to try as your first one, since getting it wrong could cause a lot of pain.

Log out and log back in.

Actually, it will come back next time you do an update of Adobe Reader, so you'll need to do this again then.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2011 Jul 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted adobe reader first time I got the problem with the resource synchronizer.. I cant find or understand your directions I have to put in the terminal window..

Maybe I should not have deleted adobe reader from the beginning??

Do I have to reeboot the whole computer to get rid of this?

I am a newbie on mac and have problems to follow the very complicated steps to get rid of this!!

Please help!

My mac is now terrible to work with, or to do anything with because of the adobe resource synchronizer takes up 70-80% of the CPU all the time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2011 Jul 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My answer was definitely not intended for newbies.

A way to do it without Terminal, sudo and rm, all of which are somewhat dangerous and advanced, would be to locate AdobeReader.app using Finder.

Once you have located it --- in the /Applications folder, usually --- then single-click on it **while holding the control key** and choose "Show Package Contents."

Then dig around under the Contents directory until you find AdobeResourceSynchronizer.app.

Once you have found it, drag AdobeResourceSynchronizer.app to the trash.

I'm not positive this will work --- because Finder may refuse to delete an app that is running, and the whole problem with the resource synchronizer is that it is constantly running. That's why I did it with Terminal --- I was trying to avoid any of Finder's safety features. You could report for others whether doing it with Finder is allowed.

If it is allowed, then you finish by logging out and log back in. This will guarantee that any process that was running as you is ended. You don't have to do a full reboot.

If you update or reinstall Adobe Reader, you will have to go through this process again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines