Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

What is the file size limit for creation of PDF file in Acrobat Pro 8.0, 9.0 & X

Mar 22, 2011 12:47 AM

I own Acrobat Pro 8.0 & 9.0, each one installed on a different computer.  I run them on Vista Ultimate (32 bit). Recognized RAM is 3.3 GB (out of the physical 4 GB installed). Virtual Memory size is set to 5.4 GB.

I have created successfully a PDF file of about 2.6 GB in size but can’t save it. When trying to save, I am getting the message:  “The document could not be saved. A file I/O error has occurred”. If I split the file into two 1.3 GB files, I have no problem of saving them. (Why the hell, in the 21st century, programmers are still allowed to give those dumb messages? One can tell that a file was not saved w/o any message. What the user needs to know is WHY wasn’t the file saved!!!  The programmer can tell it and provide it to the user!).

Clearly, there is a limit of the file size I can create. It appears that I can’t create PDF files larger than about 2 GB on both versions of Acrobat.

I have tried by many ways to find out what is the spec for the file size limit but tech support denies that there is one…

I appreciate in advance any relevant help.

David

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points