Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my fp version:          10,2,153,1

browser:                  firefox 3.6.15

operating system:    windows 7 ultimate sp1 x86

problem:

the settings manager panel does not show

unistalled and reinstalled fp quite a few times, rebooted, used the unistall_flash_player.exe as well, no errors appear during installation or uninstallation, videos on youtube and other sites play just fine and noticed no other problems, also tried firefox in safe mode with all addons disabled etc nothing helps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2011 Mar 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  I use shockwave and can't open the online Daily Jigsaw Puzzle...shockwave gave me a link to adobe to delete saved files using the setting manager panel...but the panel won't show...hope we can get an answer!  BTW...all of the other games I try to play load just fine!  I'm really thinking it's shockwave's problem, but it MIGHT help to get rid of these files!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2011 Mar 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try the following:

• close all browser windows
  • open Windows Explorer
  • in the address bar type %appdata%\Adobe
  • delete the 'Flash Player' folder in there
  • n the address bar type %appdata%\Macromedia
  • delete the 'Flash Player' folder in there

Now try the Settings Manager again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2011 Mar 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried deleting those directories, also ran CCcleaner to remove ALL cache files.

Still can't open global settings manager - ANY screens.

I was trying to block an annoying popup ad on a site that I'd already closed about 70 times in the past hour.  I tried everything.  In I.E. it worked by not being a trusted site.  But in Firefox, the ONLY thing that worked was using Settings Manager to block all storage of 3rd party websites.

Only NOW, I can never again access my flashplayer settings!!!   It's a catch-22.

Having been an IT professional since 1980, and seen so much over the years, my honest opinion is that Adobe Flash Player's implementation sucks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S.  Can't open it in IE or Firefox.

And by what wild form of imagination does this forum software judge this question to be "Possibly Answered"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also tried the thing with deleting the folder suggested but also had no luck

i found though that by trying this:

https://www.macromedia.com/support/flashplayer/sys/settingsmanager2.swf?defaultTab=g_security

it doesn't work but if you try the settings panel afterwards, it might work,

i also found that going through the pages of adobe.com or google to find the settings panel the address looks like that:

http://macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html

and if the settings panel is empty

then you can add "www." before macromedia.com, i.e. like that:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html

and at least in my case it works!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clone767 wrote:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/se ttings_manager02.html

and at least in my case it works!!!

That is the Global Settings Manager; where else did you try before...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

like i said, the exact same address but without www cause through adobe pages but also through google the settings panel page address is the same but without "www"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that's not where it takes you when you invoke the Global Settings Manager through a Flash object, e.g. from http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ - you will always be taken to the www site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know why but whenever i tried to find the settings panel to review my settings either through adobe.com or through google i ended up at

http://macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html

and the settings panel is empty

when you add the "www" up front, magically the panel apeared!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2011 Apr 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with settingsmanager but in IE 9. I

can´t see anything. And the "www" or not didn´t help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2011 Apr 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can play any game EXCEPT Daily Jigsaw!!! I just gave up and downloaded the 'off line' program and it works fine. I really think this is an Adobe problem and not a problem with our computers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2011 Apr 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well anyone??

I haven´t solved this problem.

Using IE9 in different machines with Win 7 (32 and 64-bit).

When I´m going to the settings manager I can´t see anything. I have tried with or whithout ActiveX-filteringe. Checked security and they are right.

If I uninstalls IE 9 and "rolls back" to IE 8 everything is OK.

I can use FP, fore exampel in Youtube but not! in Facebook.

Regards

Anders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines