Skip navigation
Dakota73
Currently Being Moderated

How to delete duplicate Files?

Mar 25, 2011 5:26 AM

Hey there,

I see I have some Files with a little notice on top saying 1of2. Now when I click the delete option, it only offer the usual way to delete from catalog or move from disk, but where do I choose to just delete one of the duplicates?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 25, 2011 5:50 AM   in reply to Dakota73

Right click on it, and select Stack>>Unstack, Beferore it, the files with have virtual copy will be separated

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2011 5:56 AM   in reply to Dakota73

'1 of 2' usually refers to virtual copies rather than actual copies. If you try and delete '2 of 2' you should get a screen asking 'Remove the selected virtual copy ?'

If you delete '1 of 2' you will get the normal delete message and you will loose both copies, as the virtual copy can't exists without it's parent.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2011 6:34 AM   in reply to Dakota73

Before you start deleting, you should know that those numbers on top of the image denote a stack of images of different type. They can include stacks of any images you put there besides virtuals, including multiple images you worked on in Photoshop or just a set you wanted to combine to clean up your view of multiple images. Unstack them first (right click>Stacking>Unstack) and then delete what you don't want.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2014 4:40 AM   in reply to Dakota73

I used DuplicateFilesDeleter and I was extremely pleased with the result.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points