Exit

Unable to change global settings

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2011 Mar 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win XP 32bit  Sp3

Firefox 4.0

I change the global settings; privacy, storage, security, etc. then I come back to the settings panel and all the changes I made are reset to the default settings.

ex.

I change the global storage setting from 100 kb to 0, close firefox and reboot system, reopen firefox, navigate to the settings panel and everything I changed is set to back to its original setting.

Oh, question is: how do I stop the above from occuring?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Make sure you have the popup blocker off, no adblock or adblock plus enabled.

See if that helps.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply:

I dont have either of those add-ons installed. I turned off the pop-up blocker, but the problem still occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh! I have the extension "Better Privacy", it purges LSO cookies, installed. After disabling that app. the global settings stick. Thanks for the idea to check my add-ons. However, I wish Better Privacy and Flash Player were compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi So that was the addon. What you might try now that you have the Global Settings working, try that Better Privacy addon now. It prevented the Settings, but now that those Panels are set, it could be that it won't conflict now.

Worth a try.

Let me know. I'm always collecting great tips, so thanks for that one

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines