Skip navigation
h.delirium
Currently Being Moderated

input image levels

Mar 28, 2011 4:16 AM

How many sampler stages available?

In my project works only 2 input images.

Will more levels available?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 5, 2011 1:53 PM   in reply to h.delirium

Molehill version 1 should be able to handle 8 active samplers at a time.  Pixel Bender 3D should be able to handle the same number.  Are you seeing a bug trying to use more than 2 textures at a time?  If so, are you seeing the bug when rendering or when compiling?

Thanks,

Chuck.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2011 8:49 AM   in reply to h.delirium

Thank you for the problem report.  We're going to be dropping a new beta soon which will hopefully address some of your problems.  I'm not certain they will all be handled.  If you could send the shader along, I can have a deeper look at it.

As for the texture orders.....

One of the things that is done is that the registers are ordered during a phase of register allocation.  We compact things together when possible, such as

parameter float x;

parameter float3 y;

Might all go into constant buffer 0.  In general, we make no guarantees about where things go because we don't want to waste any register space available to us.  Also, numerical constants need to be handed in as if they were parameters as there are no immediate constants down in the AGAL level (or on the cards). We abstract alot of this down in the RegisterMap and ParameterBufferHelper classes.

When it comes to textures, which aren't packable in that same way, leaving them in their original order is probably a good idea.  We'll have a think about that when we're deciding on upcoming features.

Thanks,

Chuck.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2011 11:55 AM   in reply to h.delirium

This problem has been fixed in preview 3 of Pixel Bender 3D

Bob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...