Skip navigation
BigSky21
Currently Being Moderated

"Shockwave Flash plug-in has crashed" in Google Chrome Web Browser

Mar 30, 2011 8:33 AM

Hi,

I keep getting the following message when using Google Chrome web browser:

"The following plug-in has crashed: Shockwave Flash"

When I start using Google Chrome, Flash is working fine but normally after about 15 minutes usage I get the message.  If I close down Google Chrome and start again, Flash is working fine again for a little while and then crashes again.  I have to say it is now getting quite annoying as I do prefer to use Google Chrome to Internet Explorer for various reasons but it never crashes in Internet Explorer.  Is there anyone that can help me with this please?

I am using a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ38M laptop and my operating system is Vista.  I am also using the latest version of Google Chrome.

Thanks

Sue

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 30, 2011 5:32 PM   in reply to BigSky21

Hi, Go to this test site with each browser that have Flash Player Installed in. Do you see the Flash Player logo animate?

What version of Flash Player is Displayed for each browser?

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

With Chrome are you using any adblock/adblock plus? Something appears to be conflicting.

Check to make sure the Shockwave Flash plugin is enabled.

Thanks,

eidnolb

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2011 10:16 AM   in reply to BigSky21

Hi, thanks for checking and the info. Something is definitely conflicting with the Chrome browser. You didn't say if FF was doing the same thing or not. IE is not, so it wouldn't appear to be a "common" problem.

I'll check and see what I have on Chrome. Can you check in the addons/plugins/extensions to see what may be Installed that isn't in IE or FF?

I don't use Chrome, so can't direct you too much more than that. I wouldn't think the Google Toolbar would effect Chrome, but it can with other browsers.

What about your Anti-Virus? What programs do you use if more than one?

Thanks,

eidnolb

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points