Skip navigation
deadlydread
Currently Being Moderated

HELP, ONLINE MODE revert my script back to beginning.

Mar 31, 2011 10:53 PM

I need your help, I've been working on a sript for weeks, and thought I was online, I noticed it said offline, so I clicked work online. I saw no errors but it just went back to the beginning of the script and I have no Idea how to find some of the saved offline version on my comp. Before I uninstall anything, I need to find my long hard work whick is obviously where ever the Offline documents are saved, Can you tell me where to find them, or how to recover the last saved offline document.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 31, 2011 11:32 PM   in reply to deadlydread

Hey,

We do save history of all the documents in your account. You can access the older versions saved for your document via the View menu in Authoring view. There's an option "History...", clicking on it opens a "history panel" below where you can see all the versions of your document saved till date. Double click to access any version and if you wish to make any of the versions your active version, you may click on the "Make Latest" tab on the right upper corner of the document in editor. Ther's a whole bunch of features around history/ versioning. To know more about it you may have a look at the help document: "About Story Help (F1)" in "Help" menu options that is available in the topmost bar. In case of any further queries do get back to us, we would be more than happy to help. We highly value your work and your feedbacks too.

Regards,

Adobe Story Team.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2011 11:53 PM   in reply to deadlydread

hi,

you can download latest version of story from https://story.adobe.com.

but before that please login from web browser into story and see if you can see previous versions.

for more info about how history works, see this video tutorial: http://blogs.adobe.com/preran/files/2010/11/history_demo.swf

thanks

ratnesh

adobe story team

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2011 2:32 AM   in reply to deadlydread

Lets get on a phone call to try and sort out this issue before you start the rewrite. Can you give us a time when you will be available?

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2011 4:37 AM   in reply to deadlydread

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2011 4:34 PM   in reply to deadlydread

I can't seem to post, I keep getting an error message but this post is relevant to my question:

I tend to work offline a lot, and so, after   updating Adobe Story and accessing a bible I wrote for one of my   projects, all of the scripts are blank -- not only that, the save dates   are in January, well before I even had the program and waaay before I   started writing this script. I constantly save, so I do not understand   why this happened?

The bible was extensive, with   character bios, scenarios, sets, etc. Occasionally I did go online and   synch it to the server but for some reason even the server is shooting   back a blank file.

Anyone know why?

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2011 9:11 PM   in reply to Merkymerk

Can you find the bible when you use the application online at http://story.adobe.com/ instead of  using the AIR application?

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2011 9:14 PM   in reply to AnubhavRohatgi

Blank pages on the online app as well

- Merky

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)