Skip navigation
NAllen
Currently Being Moderated

Help- How do I Make a High Resolution Gif in Flash?

Apr 6, 2011 10:02 AM

I tired posting this in the Flash section so sorry if you saw this already, this is just driving me bananas and I'd like to get it handled.

First off I'm a noob at Flash so beware.

So I've been surfing the net trying to find a way to get a 100% resolution from Flash to Gif and can't find it.

Here is the deal, I've got Adobe CS5 and I started doing animation in photoshop. It took forever but once I got it done it looked awesome and I could easily transfer it into a gif via 'save for web and devices".

Because it was taking forever I decided to learn flash and after a day I got the basics pretty much figured out and made my first .swf file. I then went to turn it into a Gif and the resolution sucked and the timing was off. I found out that you can clean it up a bit through Publish settings which helped a lot but still any gradients are off.

Is there a way to get a high resolution gif out of Flash to look as good as my photoshop animation gif?

Thanks in advance.

Exsamples-

Done in photoshop (click to view):       Done in Flash (click to view) :

Hi-Res Gif.gif       Crap Gif.gif

If this is really the case, then that would be pretty lame of adobe to allow for Photoshop to out do Flash.

Micah

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 7, 2011 7:26 AM   in reply to NAllen

It is no surprise that there is a difference. The Photoshop GIF saved at 90kb is going to look better than a Flash GIF saved at 49kb.

You need to address your compression options. ... and this would be best done in the forum for that particular software.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 7, 2011 9:32 AM   in reply to NAllen

Why did you post in the Flash Player forum? It is no surprise that nobody answered there.

Try here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/flash/flash_general

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points