• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Executing Database QueryError Executing Database Query. [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]...

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2011 Apr 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The full error Error Executing Database Query. [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Invalid object name 'LittleBobbyTables'. (table name withheld)

This is an intermittent failure, the code occassionally works fine, then does not. At first I suspected a DNS issue, but it doesn't seem to be the case since test DSN's to AName record (server name), Cname alias, and IP address DSN all work... so now I am wondering if it is a load issue - and my question -

How do I test this hypothesis? How do I monitor load on this DSN or what CF services should I monitor on the server.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, we are on CF 9                                      (9,0,0,251028), Win Ser 2008, separate Win Ser 2008 w/ SQL 2008r2

I just reviewed http://forums.adobe.com/message/3396333 and saw a few different ideas to investigate re: maintaining connections (connection pools) and concurrent connections.

The 2 tables kicking errors are core tables, so I'll look into connections as a possible issue.

But, I am still interested in ideas on how I would monitor this problem (currently working on setting up an ODBC Log to review.

Thanks in Advance,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Additional info:

We are able to stop the error by changing the Data Source Name (DSN) source from server to the Domain Name Source (DNS) name back to server. So the process:

ColdFusion error - cannot find tables that do exist

TO solve the problem, Go into admin:

Change CF DSN from actual server name to DNS alias, submit

OR

Change CF DSN from DNS alias to actual server name, submit

Why does this resolve the problem? Is the connection pool refreshed?

Bigger - how do we troubleshoot the actual failure?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can resolve this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation