Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adding non-Adobe file formats metadata

Apr 13, 2011 8:28 AM

I'm guessing this might be tough, if not impossible. While it's great to be able to add labels to formats which are critical to my workflow, such as .max, file sequences (.tif, .tga, .png, .rpf, .rla), and others, the ability to really track projects lies in the Metadata. Could some sort of wrapper be placed on a file when it appears in Bridge which would allow this? By the way - Bridge CS4, Vista Business 64 bit.

Jowry

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2011 7:51 PM   in reply to Jowry

Dear Jowry,

I'm still not very clear about your request.
    Bridge can add labels and ratings to any file formats (include folders and XMP-unsupported files). The labels and ratings value will be recorded into a hidden file (named .BridgeLablesAndRatings) that in the same location of the folders and XMP-unsupported files. The file is also hidden in Windows or Mac OS. If you try to move/copy the labeled/rated folders or XMP-unsupported files in Bridge, the labels and ratings will be moved/copied to the corresponding hidden file in the new location automatically. While if you try to move/copy the folders or XMP-unsupported files in Explorer of Finder, the labels or ratings will lost.
    Do you think the exist label feature in Bridge can solve your problem? Or I misunderstood your meaning?

Sincerely,
    Melissa
    Adobe Bridge QE

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points