Skip navigation

Director's Future Meeting - Summary and Evaluation

Apr 14, 2011 6:41 AM

Latest reply: index999, Feb 13, 2013 1:44 PM
Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 2, 2011 9:12 AM   in reply to Dean Utian

Hmm,

While you might be right in terms of "Terms of Use and Online Policy" publishing date, I do not err too much in merrit - can you remember when Director's website was updated actually? I feel the same content is hanging over ther since I can recall...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2011 10:20 AM   in reply to Dean Utian

I continue to follow this thread with great interest.

Now, the lack of Adobe support seems to be generating a feeling that a lawsuit may make sense.  I share in everyone's frustration, but continue to believe that Adobe needs to divest Director from its portfolio.  That would be best for Adobe, and best for the Director developer community.

Perhaps a "leveraged buyout" by one or more members of the developer community would be an avenue that Adobe would explore.

Dean, since you have current contact with Adobe/Director people, could you pose that possibility?  If they are really interested, I would be more than happy to fly up from Phoenix to discuss it with them.

Just imagine Director being in the hands of people who 1) understand its usefullness as an application development tool, and 2) know the needs of the developer community in terms of a clear path for the product and proper support and tools.

As I said before, it is not a bad product, it does not need to be abandoned - it needs a new home!

John

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2011 10:43 AM   in reply to bestwave

I don't believe Adobe will ever sell Director to a third-party company. Neither I believe they will open-source it.

Director is direct competitor for Flash and having proper maintnance, within a year of code refactoring, implementation of modern text and 3D engines could easily threaten Flash/Flex dominant market position.

Adobe is not stupid. They would rather sink Director source code into deep see than let it float at large on someone's boat.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2011 11:42 AM   in reply to Dean Utian

Have people tried a petition to the top hats at Adobe? For more support, new features, etc…  Maybe they are not well aware of Director's case. Maybe it didn't reach their ears yet.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2011 3:32 AM   in reply to Dean Utian

Thank you Dean, I understand that this is input from everybody out there but I feel "robbed" like many others out there and think that Director should take accountability on their non support, non everything.

So I spoke to our legal team and it went very much on the lines of ZiggiZag. We would have to look at the licensing agreement. Is the licensing agreement for the individual Director product or is it for all the Adobe products as a whole? If it is for Director alone the case could be stronger. We would have to prove tangible loss and how much it amounts to. We would sue Adobe South Africa as we purchased the product through them.

The big question is, is it viable to do it? The short answer no! Why you may ask? Well even if there is a great loss and even we have a 100% full proof case and win, according to the South African law, a time period would have to be given to Adobe to "fix" the issue at hand.

So this is not the right root.

Dimitri

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2011 3:48 AM   in reply to DHMerritt

I'm not saying whether I think that Adobe should or should not be sued, but in the US (well, at least here in Georgia) there is always small claims court.  While I believe the cap is around $15000 if you sue a company they have to send a represetative.  They have to prove their case and from what I understand, it is very difficult for them to do.

Of course, winning is just half the problem (maybe less - lol) .  The rest is actually collecting...

Cheers

Carl

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2011 6:40 AM   in reply to CAnuszczyk

And that is only the tip of the iceberg, Carl.  To my view, the real issue here is that we, as a developer community, do not simply wish to punish Adobe.  Rather, we want Director to flourish and grow because it is a major tool of our trade.  A one-time collection, even if it is won in court, does nothing to solve the problem unless it moves Adobe to action in that direction.  That is not a given result of taking them to small claims court unless enough people do it.  And If you have ever had experience with trying to move a large group of people to action in a unified effort, you know that can take years to accomplish, if accomplished at all.  I’m not saying that should not be done.  That is not my personal decision to make on someone else’s behalf.  I’m simply saying that perhaps we as a community can better spend our time searching for solutions that might encourage the longevity of Director without relying on “individual efforts” multiplied many times over by a group.  A class action lawsuit might be such an effort.  But, from a legal standpoint, do we even have a case here?

Here is my take on this issue as it now stands.  I cannot believe that Adobe is going to that much trouble to be “sneaky” and “underhanded” about removing Director from their product line.  I also own a company.  I if we wish to take away from our product line, we will, as a courtesy, publish our intentions on our Web site.  But we will not devise some diabolical plan to try to deceive and drive away the customers affected by that decision.  What company has the time, or the “extra” money, to waste on such a plan?  What’s the point?  We will simply drop the product – end of story.  As far as I know, such an action is neither illegal, nor unethical.

Adobe’s stance on Director indicates to me an uncertainty on just what to do with that product.  It seems clear at this point that they are either on a steep learning curve, or  simply have no idea how to deal with Director, given the poor job their people have done on the first new version they released.  I have the latest one, also, but have not had the time to really get into it, yet.  So, I will reserve comment on that one.  Their programmers are obviously struggling with that product, and likely trying to convince Adobe to get rid of it so they won’t have to deal with it.  Given its popularity, and the fact that nothing else currently competes with it, it is my opinion that Adobe should have picked up some personnel from Macromedia and kept it alive and well without handing it to those who may not be able to deal with it properly.  If you have ever tried to get into someone else’s computer code, you will know what I mean.  I apologize to Adobe personnel if this is not the case.

Having said that, I will admit that I do not know if any of what I have said is what is actually happening. However, I do believe that the “let’s deceive them and scare them away so we can drop Director” is not happening.  That doesn’t make sense to me from a business perspective.  If Adobe would come to the table and openly discuss the Director issue with the community, all misconceptions, if they exist, might go away and cooler heads could prevail.  I think what we are seeing here is what we normally see when a group is left to come up with its own answers to provocative, possibly threatening questions without the data to do so.  I believe it is always far better for the source of the correct answers to freely provide them.

My vote?   Prevail upon Adobe to come forward with open dialog with the Director community on their future plans for Director.  I believe an open forum is better than dialog between representatives of both camps so that all voices can be heard, and all ideas considered, and all skills and talents brought to the table for the benefit of both camps.  If both Adobe and the Director community will be open-minded enough to refrain from anger, sarcasm, name-calling, threats, accusations, and personal agendas that might not serve the community, perhaps a workable plan for the future of Director might evolve. 

If Adobe is struggling with Director development, and if they are astute, and open-minded enough, they have at their disposal a very large community of Director talent who can, and probably would, help them develop and improve Director into a powerful and profitable product for them.  They are not alone.  It need not be “them against us”.   Shorter the road when sharing the load.  We all have a stake in this, so let’s reach out in whatever ways we can to Adobe and stop throwing stones at them.

In the meantime, legal advice is required on whether or not small claims court or a class action lawsuit are even feasible.  Will losing Director affect me personally?  Yes.  Over some period of time, it will put me out of business.  Is Adobe liable for that?  Probably not, but that question begs an answer.   Otherwise,  any ensuing discussion on such courses of action might be a waste of time.

Can anyone reading this offer a qualified legal perspective on these issues?

Dewey

Sent: Friday, June 03, 2011 5:49 AM

To: Dewey Parker

Subject: Re: Director's Future Meeting - Summary and Evaluation Re: Director's Future Meeting - Summary and Evaluation

I'm not saying whether I think that Adobe should or should not be sued, but in the US (well, at least here in Georgia) there is always small claims court.  While I believe the cap is around $15000 if you sue a company they have to send a represetative.  They have to prove their case and from what I understand, it is very difficult for them to do.

Of course, winning is just half the problem (maybe less - lol) .  The rest is actually collecting...

Cheers

Carl

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2011 8:16 AM   in reply to CAnuszczyk

In the UK at least, it would be very easy to sue via the Small Claims court.

Adobe UK would need to send a representative and if they lose, you can apply for a Garnishee Order - which would freeze their bank account until the debt is settled.

Just Fancy that

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2011 9:56 AM   in reply to Dean Utian

Good points, Dean.  We, of course, have to take care not to do exactly what the community is accusing Adobe of;  that is, trying to deceive them into believing Director is something it is not.  If it has the potential of being a substantially profitable item in their product line, then we have a leg to stand on in supporting its continuance.  If it truly does not have that potential, then we aren’t doing anyone, ourselves included, a favor by attempting to convince Adobe that it does.

I, for one, do not have the data to substantiate such a claim.  I hope it is true.  I want it to be true.  I even NEED for it to be true.  But I don’t know the approximate size of the Director community, nor do I have any data on price points vs annual sales/profits on that product.  Perhaps others in the community do have such figures.  They do not need to share them per se, because they are the property of Adobe Systems.  But perhaps, if they do know, they might at least state that the product is, or is not, potentially a significantly profitable item for Adobe.  I am not interested in personal opinions on that issue; and probably no one else should be, either.  But I think we would all have some interest in data-driven opinions.

As for capturing the gaming market, I see it as a worthwhile goal for Adobe to add that market to the Director customer community.  I just hope they will not make Director so game-development oriented in content and substance that it will become lame for the rest of us who use it for other purposes. 

From a business point of view, it would seem a poor choice to abandon an existing market in an effort to capture a different one that may or may not eventually embrace their product.  It would seem a better bottom line choice to retain the existing market and attempt to ADD the other market as well.  In fact, barring insurmountable problems in doing that, it would be a no-brainer.  However, I realize that those “insurmountable problems” may really exist.

But again I say, Adobe has a huge knowledge and skill pool from which to draw to help solve Director problems, and more than likely most marketing problems as well.  From where I stand, it seems doable to me.  I wonder if it still would seem so if I had the data…. ?

Dewey

Sent: Friday, June 03, 2011 9:54 AM

To: Dewey Parker

Subject: Re: Director's Future Meeting - Summary and Evaluation Re: Director's Future Meeting - Summary and Evaluation

Hi MECS

I agree with most of what you have said.

Yes, makes no sense to create a drawn out end to a product and annoy customers in the process.

>Adobe’s stance on Director indicates to me an uncertainty on just what to do with that product.

I sort of agree with the above. I think they have an idea of what they want to do with it. That's to capture the games developer market. However, the team is not resourced enough to make it highly competitive in the short term.

Macromedia was to blame for getting rid of all the Director engineers so when Adobe took over, they set up a new team who were all beginners in Director and new to the code. So, they were bound to take longer and make a few mistakes in the first version. I'd say the problems were more severe because of pronlems with engagement with the community and forming a strong partnership with them. D11.5 is a better version than 11.

>My vote?   Prevail upon Adobe to come forward with open dialog with the Director community on their future plans for Director...

That's what I've been trying to get Adobe to do and one of the aims of the online meeting between the product management and users. The problem I see is that people in the more senior Adobe positions teat Director as a low priority so is hard to get them into to the road you're envisioning. What is needed is a Director champion within Adobe and someone with vision and creativity so that even with limited resources, a plan can be rolled out to rejuvinate the product.

Dean

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2011 10:36 AM   in reply to mbtmobile

@mbtmobile

I always keep respect to British legal tradition, so successful in providing access to courts for regular people with their small issues and problems...

@All

Adobe's "uncertainity on Director" keeps lasting far too long to be considered just incidental. I am pretty sure, when they have their monthly business meetings there is kind of ritual last accent: "and now Director please... hehe". Definitely "the people in the more senior Adobe positions" are aware of Director case and it is a conscious decision to attatch lowest business priority to it. I am not aware of particular reasoning behind that decision but it's like this - point.

This itself would not be the worst actually but the real problem is this complete communication cut between Adobe and Director community. The consequence is that even if they try to make some rational decisions - they only make wrong decisions (like complete stupid idea of making Director primary a "game development tool" - I strongly believe Director is predominantly a B2B applications development tool flexible enough to fit into various type of projects and delivery media) and year by year the application gets older, less relevant and abandoned. I do not know what to do about this stalemate but I know one day the final decison must arrive. And more time Director remains "stalemated" - more certainity it will be eventually phased-out.

Consequently, I do not see a practical way to introduce a "Director Champion" - a person of influential leadership capable of product rejuvination - at Adobe's. Simply speaking - there is no "transmission" and whatever voice eventually pass through - it can be easily suppressed with "Flash can do it too" way of argumentation - at least on their internal meetings.

So - I stay on the side of pessimism, but feel free to go on - please, try to convince Adobe's management Director is a little "Cinderella" and if they only clean the old dust it would shine like a princess in glory ;-) Sorry guys, I double bet you'll fail.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2011 1:22 PM   in reply to Dean Utian

Well, when Macromedia ceased to exist and Director became an Adobe product I didnt have a good feeling about it at all, call it intuition, comercial knowledge or whatever (that was some years back). Time has only confirmed all of this. Adobe has put director "in jail" or on cold (which equates to death sentence in an ever evolving market). How can these people think Flash (or any other tool for that matter) can be better than Director...

Thanks everybody for your insights and efforts.

ps: since I had to reset my password for very low participation in recent years all my previous participation on macromedia forums is vanished. My membership dates back to at least 2003 not 2011 as is stated on the left.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2011 9:38 AM   in reply to Dean Utian

Hi

This was really loooooong way to read through whole topic ;-).

I do not post much on forums.... And lately i heard only about the end of director.

Thanks for info Dean.

I hope that next version will fix bugs at least.

.mrtn

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2011 9:37 AM   in reply to Dean Utian

As a Director game developer, I feel one of us should at least speak up on this.  There are TONS of us using Director to make games, our company has produced over 60 games in the last 3 years, A and AA titles, all produced in Director.  We currently own 10-12 Director licenses, and we reference all sorts of Director forums that we may or may not be bothered to create an account and post on.  There are plenty of other companies in the casual gaming space that have and continue to use Director to make their games.  Companies who are much bigger and smaller than ours.  As much as we all may have various levels of hatred for Adobe, I would think they are at least capable of data mining who is using their application and what for.  You guys seem to have less faith in that than me, and I could certainly be wrong about this. 

That said, NO ONE in the game development world cares at all about the 3D capabilities of Director.  If we want to make 3D games, we'll use Unity or one of the cheaper cross-platform 3D development suites.  Director has and always will be a strictly 2D game dev environment.  The fact that Adobe doesn't seem to understand this is what leads to my doubts about their understanding of who the clientele is in my first paragraph.  Unless Adobe does a major overhaul, Director can't compete with Unity3D in the world of games.

Finally, to really go out on a limb, perhaps the 3D capabilities aren't even intended for game developers?  Maybe there are some bigwig medical clients who need 3D support for their large scale medical imaging software coded in Director?  Now i'm just being silly, that's it for me!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 24, 2011 5:27 PM   in reply to niall111

...I'm just a random guy around.

I always think those at Adobe don't really have a complete understanding on what they have acquired. That's why programs are often marketed at a wrong direction (see Fireworks and even Flash), killed while having quite some recent userbase (see GoLive and FreeHand), or get mauled when a new version is almost finished (see Authorware). (Off-topic: Authorware uses Xtras like Director does, and I'd say maintaining the Xtra technology for two programs seems more cost-effective than one.)

And, with Adobe's perceived difference that Director does 3D and is more low-level, Flash Player 11 and AIR 3 could give them a reason to axe Director at anytime. And then, there's this weird Adobe logic:

No updates to FreeHand have been made for over four* years, and Adobe has no plans to initiate development to add new features or to support Intel-based Macs and Windows Vista.

* 9 years by now

Ovation has been available for more than five years without a version update. Adobe has decided to discontinue the production of Ovation in order to streamline the product line.

It sounds like that  if a program is not updated for a long period of time, that would constitute as a valid reason to discontinue that product. And then...

The eLearning market has transitioned to Adobe Flash® and Adobe Captivate® software over the years. Authorware is a mature product and demand has continually declined to where it is no longer economically viable for Adobe to continue development.

Yep. Macromedia products that coexisted before the acquisition can get killed as well.

Given how work for a next version Director is currently undergoing if I read this thread right, and that Shockwave Player 11.6 was just out not long ago, it probably won't simply die off right now. But I'm not so sure about if there will be a Director 12.5 or 13.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2011 9:02 PM   in reply to Dean Utian

Would it help to start a petition to Adobe full of Director supporters?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2011 10:54 PM   in reply to lingouser951a

Great Idea – Put my name down as Number 1

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2011 1:59 AM   in reply to DHMerritt

Count me in too!

Sent from my iPhone

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2011 3:23 AM   in reply to Dean Utian

After more than decade with director i do not believe that this will change anything. Our company is already looking for other solutions. And i personally started to learn serious programming. But still, too many of our products are built in director, so it will take some time to change them to other core. So i will not abandon director immediately. I had alwayz reasons why to stay with director. But we are going to face new problem in near future. Using plugins in new explorer 10 will be complicated (restricted for common user) (even flash) and we do not know how director issue will be solved. Also there is another old problem that shockwave is an extra plugin that has to be installed and for common user it can be considered as "threat" to hurt the computer. Now html5 looks like can doo everything that director. (Only problem is that you need better programming skills than in director). And lately when i search internet for some troubleshoting in director, i often find shockwave = flash. :-(

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2011 3:28 AM   in reply to klaun76

I too am following in your footsteps. The learning curb is massive and slow. Then we too have a few products in Director. Luck for us we started 2 years ago to slowly move them over to another program. We still have one or two major programs to convert and then we are free of Director…Yeeehaaaaa.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2011 3:37 AM   in reply to Dean Utian

Dean

At the risk of sounding political, the only thing keeping the Director

community from growing is uncertainty!  I would love to tell people

how great Director is (I've been making a good living from it for 15+

years!) I won't talk about it because there is so much uncertainty

concerning how long it will be around.

The reason people are jumping on the idea of a petition is to make sure

Adobe knows that there IS a community.  It does not feel like they

realize that.  You say they do, but when I called Adobe to ask a

pre-sales question about Director 11 it took several attempts

before I got anyone who even knew what is was, much less an

answer to my question.  Finding it on the web site, or forum lists

is nearly impossible.

The feeling of abandonment makes XTRA developers lose interest,

and that further weakens the product.  Adobe could say "Director

is going to be around" through actions, like including it in a couple

of panels on their web page... wouldn't cost a dime, but would mean

everything!  They could also reveal a little bit of forward planning -

"a version that works with OS/X Lion will be out

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 9, 2011 9:09 AM   in reply to Dean Utian

Might Edge be the replacement product for Director - any thoughts?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 9, 2011 10:00 AM   in reply to bmohnsen

Don't think so. If you have to say it replaces anything, Edge replaces an age-old feature in Dreamweaver 4~CS3 known as the timeline. Both the Dreamweaver timeline and Edge produces JavaScript-based animation.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2012 7:22 AM   in reply to Dean Utian

Wow. I found this thread by accident while googling something completely unrelated to Director. It's so sad. Director was such a great tool; and the community we built was such a great thing to be a part of. I miss it more than anything in my professional life.

This thread brought it back and reminded me at once how glad I am that I finally let go in time to salvage my career, and how sorry I was to be put in that position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9JOmU2jFUo&feature=fvwrel

Love,

Dorothy

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2012 9:33 AM   in reply to DeeEss

Not dead for sure.

Nice (and sad) words, Dorothy. I think the community is psychologically dead- rather than the software itself. Director continues giving to many of us, and our customers the best results in interactive platforms, 3D prototypes and large-scale virtual simulators. Sorry Adobe, but im not interested to put all my products inside the small screen of a mobile phone (bye bye immersion). For those who continue using this wonderful tool, hard to kill, just be always alert to new developments, platforms and interactive software market. Dont sleep in past, and dont spend more tears with Adobe. BUT, While you do that search for new tools, continue enjoying this app and deliver your best for your customers.

Tks for support my bad english.

Pablo.

LatinAmerica Community

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2013 9:24 PM   in reply to sinopsis

I recall visiting this forum a few years and reading the exact same sentiments. Nothing is going to change here, people.

Despite the rumors of D12 serving as Director's resurrection, I suspect that Adobe is going to go right on keeping Director on life support. (and little more)

Which isn't entirely a bad thing, when you understand it from the proper perspective.

I have several legacy Director (kiosk) projects that I update every year. I enjoy the work and it's a little coin without any fuss. I'm grateful that Adobe is keeping Director alive as a legacy product, so that the app will continue to work on successive operating systems.

I'll be shocked if D12 comes out and proceeds to trounce other alternatives as an iOS app platform. But if it permits a guy like me who already knows the app...to export projects out to that platform...I'd sure belly up to the bar and pay $300.

Director is now an old horse. She still can get me to town...and sometimes with better efficiency than Flash or any other app. But I just don't see a future here.

HTML 5 or something like Unity is where the game will go next.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2013 10:17 AM   in reply to oldschoolmx

"HTML 5 or something like Unity is where the game will go next."

But Director could soon export as HTML5. A third-party Xtra could do the job. Director used to export as Java in the past.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 4:41 AM   in reply to mdmoser

Well Mr. Moser, you think this will work, the HTML5 Xtra I mean. Do you think no one is doing it becasue they dont see a return on the investment? How much is it worth? I would happily pay $$$ for it but not quite $$$$. Or how about crowd sourcing the funds? though not sure how that could be arranged. Incentive is needed here I think.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 5:36 AM   in reply to ronbird

How about a Kickstarter.com project for the Xtra?

How about a petition addressed to Adobe to release Director as Open Source? .... I'm dreaming a bit

Unfortunately there is an example with no answer http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/opentruespace/

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2013 9:36 AM   in reply to VizFX76

I like the Kickstarter project idea. We could also use www.challengepost.com

In my opinion, the Xtra should be open source and cross-platform.  I'm willing to contribute $ for a prize, should we start the challenge?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2013 9:48 AM   in reply to mdmoser

I'd be wary of developing such a resource without blessing from Adobe.

Their business direction/agenda may not be in harmony with such a third party development. Remember, they are selling Adobe Edge, which is an HTML5 authoring tool.

We all know would prefer HTML 5 output from Director. Adobe might prefer to sell us Edge. (which I own as part of their full cloud suite)

I'd be interested in an xtra, if Adobe is going to at least continue to keep Director viable with modest upgrades...and if they are support of your initiative.

My worry would be that your code could ironically become an impetus for them to pull the plug in Director entirely.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2013 10:24 AM   in reply to oldschoolmx

It is a good thing to bring up this concern about Adobe. I'm just not sure they are so sensible. HTML5 is becoming a widely used standard across all type of tools. To complain about HTML5 output will be like complaining that a tool now exports as JPEG. It will be short-sighted on the part of Adobe. It's like trying to avoid the inevitable. How many of their tools already export as plain HTML? It's the same thing.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2013 1:58 PM   in reply to mdmoser

If you think you could simply write a Director to HMTL/JS generator without some additional plugins, your're off the track.

Most functionality of a projector / shockwave interpreter is not inside the little exe, its inside the C-compiled xtras.

Edge does a little bit HMTL and some js scripting, thats all.

I tried Edge Animate, all it's functionalyty in time is about 5% of the power of Director. Thats so far away.

So what's the meaning of exporting to HTML5, if most functionality depends on plugins not located on the clients PC.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2013 3:30 PM   in reply to Wolfgang Herold

Hi Wolfgang,

You are right. It would never have all the functionality of Director. Not even close. But that's not the goal. I forgot to mention that the purpose of the HTML5 Xtra would be to export very basic animations and cue points, more or less like the Java exporter Director had in the past. From that point, the Xtra would evolve little by little, in time.

Then why do it? Well, I think it would breath new life into Director and get more attention from other developers. And it would be very useful for the long term Director user.

I find Director's metaphor with its cast members and the way the sprites are arranged in the timeline simply brilliant. It's natural, logic and intuitive.

Let's start with less of what Edge can do now.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2013 7:32 AM   in reply to mdmoser

Hi all,

"the Java exporter" was that Gaffer? (I still have that on a floppy somewhere!!)

Yes, simple is good. Are we going to comple a short list? Yep, basic animations, read/write to text fields, if then else....

Talking money, I paid $250 for TrackThemColors  (eight years ago, to allow for inflation in anyone's calculations) whch was great, and helped design a great product too, an html5 extra is worth much more than that to me now.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2013 1:44 PM   in reply to Dean Utian

I think Director must be divided for CD and for WEB

XTRAS/ActiveX/ COM/OCX/DLL and so on - only for CD (executable)

may be add support QTWidgets or any similar .... ?

WEB version - good support HTML5 and JScript +3D Editor - it's minimum

All in one - it's much more for one director

director needs many good helpers 

Message was edited by: index999

Message was edited by: index999

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)