Skip navigation

Audition CS 5.5 and the future of Audition

Apr 14, 2011 12:18 PM

Latest reply: therealdobro, May 15, 2012 10:48 AM
Replies 1 2 3 4 5 6 5 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 10:26 AM   in reply to Inity Arts & Music

Durin may go into more detail for you on each of these items, but please take a look at the followng link to see a feature comparison for each version:

http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/buying-guide-version-comparison .html

You can also try the demo of Audition CS6 for 30 days before deciding if it's worth it for you to upgrade in your specific situation.

While advanced looping, re-joining split clips and additional cross-platform effects are still high on our list for future versions, we were not able to implement them in CS6.

Durin already explained the DirectX situation above and MIDI has been debated on other threads. Neither of these features were re-implemented in CS6.

As for the pricing, the upgrade from Audition 3 to CS6 is $149.

Thanks,

--Ron

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 11:19 AM   in reply to Mark Wheeler

Sooooo..... Still no ReWire or any Midi. Should I finally abandon Adobe and move on to greener pastures? To re-state my aggrivation: Adobe states that Audition is not a music production software. I have no problem with that. HOWEVER, Audition provides me with no way to sync up to my music production software. Silly.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 11:24 AM   in reply to _durin_

Awesome. Thank you Durin, and thank you Ron. That comparison list is perfect. Makes it a lot easier to see exactly what's different. And Durin, knowing that the couple unimplemented features that are high on my list are also high on yours is a little reassuring. It's a shame to see that my priorities with the included effects seem to be the polar opposite of you guys (I do a lot of dub, so echos and delays are top of my list. Plus some of the multitrack effects are useful at times.), but effects aren't the most important aspects.

It seems overall, the most important missing elements in 5.5 (clip grouping, metronome, controller, etc) have been reintroduced. I'm gonna take to the trial version first, but I think it may actually now be beneficial for me to upgrade from 3.0, which is good to see!

Thanks for the info, guys!

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 2:34 PM   in reply to Lowe-Fi

Lowe-Fi wrote:

Sooooo..... Still no ReWire or any Midi. Should I finally abandon Adobe and move on to greener pastures? To re-state my aggrivation: Adobe states that Audition is not a music production software. I have no problem with that. HOWEVER, Audition provides me with no way to sync up to my music production software. Silly.

While, as a sound designer, I jump back and forth between Audition and Vegas on an hourly basis, I can't say I see the same need when I'm composing music. Just curious about your workflow here -- what aspects of Audition are you looking to utilize in music production, and how would you go about it? If Audition doesn't feature a sequencer component, what would be on your wish list?

I'm asking, since I consider DAW:s like Cubase or Ableton Live to be more of a "cauldron" -- you pour stuff in, but you don't really take anything out except the finished meal.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 8:41 AM   in reply to Teetow1

Nice upgrade but steel missing Rewire or midi sequencer.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 9:30 AM   in reply to Alex Radzishevsky

Durin has previously listed the scientific group you identify as one of the user bases, so he knows about it.  As for the features you list in your post above, this would be an excellent time to make a formal request for their inclusion in 7 in the Feature Request Forum, because the team is getting ideas together for the next release.  You can reach it by clicking on the 'Audition' link at the top of this page, which will then display a menu containing the Feature Request Forum.  I've found this development team to be receptive to feature requests that are:

* popular

* likely to be sustainable in the future

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 1:57 PM   in reply to _durin_

Has the manual edit of individual samples been added to CS6?

I just used this in Audition 3.0 (not avaialable in CS5.5) in a recent mastering session where a clinent must have abutted takes when comping. Since the abuttment wasn't on a zero-crossing it caused a glitch (pop) in the mix that was not easy to fix...other than to manually edit a bunch of individual samples to smooth out the signal...which worked great, by the way...

If manual sample edit is not available in CS6, please add it to CS7.

Thanks,

Michal Putrino

Mastering Engineer

Austin, TX

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 5:36 PM   in reply to Michael Putrino

No, unfortunately this is not back, nor is the ability to right-click-and-drag on the amplitude scale to zoom in on any portion of the amplitude range.  Both are important for restoration and mastering troubleshooting, so I agree seeing this -- eventually -- would be really helpful.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 3:05 AM   in reply to Michael Putrino

Michael Putrino wrote:

Has the manual edit of individual samples been added to CS6?

I just used this in Audition 3.0 (not avaialable in CS5.5) in a recent mastering session where a clinent must have abutted takes when comping. Since the abuttment wasn't on a zero-crossing it caused a glitch (pop) in the mix that was not easy to fix...other than to manually edit a bunch of individual samples to smooth out the signal...which worked great, by the way...

Does not the Auto Heal Selection work across a few samples to sort out those sort of problems? It is easily available via a keyboard shortcut in Favorites.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 7:59 AM   in reply to therealdobro

Dumb. 

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 8:41 AM   in reply to therealdobro

therealdobro wrote:

Dumb.

Wha... huh?  Sorry, was daydreaming.  You talkin to me here?

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 10:48 AM   in reply to MusicConductor

Gee, I've done it again!  No, not you.  Me.  The 'dumb' comment was being applied to myself for having responded to an old post.  I think I'll just crawl into a hole. 

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 4 5 6 5 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)