Skip navigation
problembear
Currently Being Moderated

Reader 10.0.1 error on app launch (0xc0000710)

Apr 16, 2011 8:16 PM

Hello fellow computer users,

I am using a HP dv6 Paviliion (2010 model) laptop running Windows 7, SP 1 (64-bit), and I'm experiencing a repeating error "software exception" in Reader 10.0.1 that occurs immediately upon launching the Reader application.   I consistently get an error message window with the header: "AcroRd32.exe -  Application Error" and the message text: "The exception unknown  software exception (0xc0000710) occurred in the application location  0x773da289."  [This second code sometimes appears as  0x76f2a289, but I have not been able to identify the conditions which trigger one instead of the other.]  and "Click on OK to terminate the program."

When I click on OK and dismiss the  dialog box I am returned to the program and Reader usually (not always) runs OK after this.

I have uninstalled Reader completely three times but the issue returns.  Any ideas what may be causing this and how to resolve?

David Orr

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2011 5:09 PM   in reply to problembear

I'm getting the same error on launch myself.  It's Win7 x86 and not x64. Dispite the error it appears to function normally.

I've noticed that it's only affecting a single user's profile, others appear not to have the same problem.  The user's profile used redirected folders for his desktop/documents/favs/etc.  And referenced them using a mapped drive which was causing an error upon installation.  I removed all references to the mapped letter replacing them with a UNC reference instead.  But still plagued with the 0xc0000710 error.

If anyone can offer some suggestions...

Thanks!

Looks like the problem is related to the Protected Mode feature found under Edit.Preferences.General.

More info:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/790549?decorator=print&displayFullThrea d=true

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2011 3:30 AM   in reply to problembear

Hi problembear,

Are you also using some folder being redirected somewhere else?

Thanks,

Arun

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2011 2:23 PM   in reply to problembear

Adobe Reader X (10.0.1) on HP p6230y desktop running Windows 7- 64-bit

I get the same error:

AcroRd32.exe - Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000710)

occurred in the application at location 0x77e9a341

Click on OK to terminate the program

I get the error whenever I open any PDF file for the 1st time from any source, such as,

e-mail attachment, HTML editor, and online link, including this PDF test page:

http://images1.e-net.com/cbunitedcarolinas/pressrelease/6.pdf

Uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Reader X several times has not removed the error.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points