• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with TCS3, Adobe Application Manager, and Acrobat X

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2011 Apr 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to deploy Technical Communications Suite 3 to a group of 20 people with a volume license key.  In order to avoid giving 20 people in the company a volume key, I'm using the Adobe Application Manager to build a distributable silent installer for this delivery.  The problem is that when you use the Adobe Application  Manager to create the build, Adobe Acrobat Professional X (which is part of the package) is not an installable option, nor is it actually installed as seen in the attached screenshot

1.jpg

However, if I just launch the installer by double-clicking Set-up.exe from the downloaded media directory, I do get the option to add Acrobat X.

Finally, if I drill into the installation media folder, "...\Adobe Technical Communication Suite 3\payloads\AcrobatProfessional10.0-EFG" there is a .msi which is for Acrobat X, but when launched, the product key I was provided for Technical Communications Suite 3 does not work.  The key works just fine to install the entire suite, but not Acrobat X by itself.

Has anyone else had any luck creating a silent install for TCS3?  I called support and reproduced the problem for them, but they had no answer.

Just for the record, I have found this exact same behavior with all the Adobe Suites which are supposed to get Acrobat.

TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2011 Apr 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

yes, it's strange, but here's the process you need to follow for your deployment of TCS3 with Acrobat X Pro:
+ please check that no older TCS and Acrobat is installed
+ if there's an older version, please deinstall it and check or install MSXML4 (see Exceptions)
+ check or install DOTNET3 (see Exceptions) build your TCS3 build (with all patches, without Acrobat X Pro)
+ start TCS3 setup! and install (not silent!) Acrobat X Pro
The reason: Adobe believes Acrobat has been installed before as usual. That's it.
If you have FINALYSER too, there is a silent method of installing in a network with a company volume key.

- Maike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

I spoke with Adobe support on this issue.  They acknoledged that there is a problem with the Adobe Application Manager where it doesn't support Adobe Acrobat.  They are working on the issue but there's no eta on a solution.  In order to deploy Acrobat with TCS (or any of the other quites packaged with the Application Manager) in an enterprise environment, it needs to be installed separately which requires a separate volume key for Acrobat itself.

Adobe really needs to put some more effort in their support for volume license installs for deployment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is true that Adobe Application Manager Enterprise Edition currently does not support silently deploying Acrobat alongwith TCS3. However, you do not need a separate license key for Acrobat.

Pls follow the below mentioned steps to silently install TCS 3 with Acrobat:

1) Uninstall TCS3 (including Acrobat) from your machine, if already present. Make sure all products are uninstalled succesfully.

2) Create a serialized package for TCS 3 using the AAMEE tool

3) Run the silent installation command for TCS3

4) Goto the Exceptions folder inside the TCS 3 package and open ExceptionInfo.txt. This has information of all the products that this package will not install. Look for the command to install Acrobat X Pro. For your reference, I am mentioning it here,

msiexec.exe /i AcroPro.msi EULA_ACCEPT=NO REGISTRATION_SUPPRESS=YES SUITEMODE=1 TRANSFORMS=en_US.mst INSTALLLEVEL=101 AS_DISABLE_LEGACY_COLOR=1 IGNOREAAM=1 /qn

5) Install Acrobat silently using this command

6) Launch any product installed through TCS ( FrameMaker or RoboHelp) and verify that its activated (Help->Deactivate menu should be enabled)

7) Now launch Acrobat. You will see that Acrobat automatically picks up TCS 3 license present in the machine and gets serialized. You do not need any other serial number.

Hope that helps,

Anchal

FrameMaker Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines